Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: Atlanta, GA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Program Manager who possesses the breadth and depth of expertise necessary to champion omnichannel work spanning across design and content workstreams, technical development, social engagements and media while maintaining a customer-centric focus. This is an exciting opportunity within our Atlanta office to lead the charge in delivery of new, innovative projects and programming, engaging various teams across the agency to achieve compelling results. Program Managers at Wunderman Thompson are there from start to finish, receiving client briefs and following through all the way to final delivery. You will ensure all project deliverables are of high-quality, completed on time and on budget, and exceed client expectations.
Our program managers have a knack for building exceptional digital experiences and creating captivating content. The ideal candidate has a strong creative sensibility, a genuine interest in user-centered design, and a hands-on understanding of content production for all channels. The ideal candidate will be an innovator who is excited to roll up their sleeves and get into the details to build processes that drive business.
What you'll do:
- Run the show | Manage projects that are excellent, on time, within budget and that go beyond the brief. Maintain a broad vision for executing a project, including strategic thinking and leadership from beginning to end. Track required skillset of resources to allocate proper talent to the core program teams.
- Engage our people | Motivate, direct and challenge teams to produce great work. You will establish and build relationships with production, client services, creative, data analytics, and technology teams to deliver effective solutions to clients and consumers alike. Harness communication with director-level clients and internal stake holders.
- Drive results | Establish and manage program communication and process. Prepare all project documentation, including plans, statements of work, status reports, etc. Lead the charge to foster understanding of client needs, market forces, and consumer sentiments.
- Manage revenue and process | Responsible for project estimation, planning and profitability. You will build detailed project plans, manage resource allocations, and report on project status, burn rates, budgets, and reconciliations to agency and client stakeholders.
Who you are:
- Voice of the team | Process-oriented innovator with a strong point of view and distinct voice. You have the ability and appetite to bring people together and inspire solutions.
- Nimble | A leader through ambiguity who guides alignment while identifying solutions. A talent for adding up all the small details to fulfil our commitment to client satisfaction.
- Optimistic and Collaborative | High level of emotional intelligence, reading what motivates a team to foster success. Lends a listening ear to formulate solutions considering multiple viewpoints.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing- it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you'll need:
- A minimum of 8 years of hands-on project or program leadership experience in advertising/marketing communications, ideally at a creative agency or similar.
- Proven track record in driving creative solutions and launching captivating, cutting-edge projects in a client-facing role.
- Mastered skill of social and mobile content creation and its requirements for different channels.
- Customer experience and journey mapping, e-commerce, retail and consumer brand marketing experience are preferred.
- Training with emerging web standards, user-centered design (UX/UI), optimization and search practices.
- Experience working on large-scale integrated, omnichannel programs with multiple parallel work streams and diverse teams (UX, Tech, Strategy, Creative, Account, Research and Data) across remote offices.
- Experience working in Agile environment and Certified Scrum Master are preferred but not required
- Experience working with government sector is preferred but not required.
- Self-motivated and driven to build and create great work.
- Proven organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.