Senior Account Manager
Senior Account Manager
Department: Client Services
Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Prism Sport & Entertainment are part of the Wunderman Thompson group. We specialise is inspiring engagement through sport and entertainment. For 25 years, we have engaged our client’s audiences locally and internationally, at home and in venue. We’ve worked across the world’s biggest sports, major competitions and bespoke experiences.
We have an exciting opportunity to join a large WPP agency team managing global activation and content for a major F1 team partner brand. We’re looking for a driven Senior Account Manager to play a lead role in liaising with the F1 team, other WPP agencies, our client’s global brand team and our client’s central partnership team, as we work to support them in delivering their partnership activation plans with best-in-class project management. Based at our office near Mornington Crescent, the Senior Account Manager will work within a five person immediate account team which sits within a wider client team of 15. This is a client facing role which provides extensive autonomy and significant opportunity for growth.
- Act as a key senior member of the account management team with the confidence, knowledge and experience to guide the client with a solutions-driven focus
- Day to day responsibility for development and delivery of complex creative content projects, all with the aim of bringing to life our client’s F1 partnership for their key target audiences
- Take the lead in working closely with the brand team, regional/end market clients and relevant internal teams to ensure all activation plans are proactively delivered to a high standard with full approval of the F1 team and internal client stakeholders as required
- Manage, influence, and maintain a productive partnership with the core client, their regions and end markets.
- Work across multiple projects with seamless efficiency
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the F1 team to foster a collective culture of creativity, problem solving and positivity
- Possess outstanding project management skills and a high level of organisation
- Coordinating and collaborating with cross-discipline team members to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules
- Support the Account Director with regular client and F1 team reporting
- Expand our current business relationships by identifying and securing growth opportunities as part of the dedicated projects and across the wider business
- Maintain an awareness of best practice in sponsorship activation in order to fully maximise the potential of market activation plans
- Extensive experience of managing complex and creative content projects
- Experience in working to tight deadlines as well as successfully managing complex client finance, briefs and proposals
- Proven ability to juggle multiple work streams, stakeholders and projects with a flexible attitude
- International mindset with the ability to operate in global regions seamlessly when required
- Confident communicator with experience of successfully managing client expectations
- Enthusiasm, energy and an innovative approach to the role
- Agile mindset and ability to pivot as project requirements change
- Resilient and forward thinking in nature
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with impeccable attention to detail
- Strong team player with a positive attitude and desire to grow both personally and profesionally as the role requires
- Demonstrate the ability to generate creative ideas that make our current and prospective clients sit up and notice
- Appropriate years of account management experience, preferably working within F1 or with another major sports sponsor and their markets on a global basis
- A willingness to travel both inside and outside of the UK as may be required from time to time
- Ability to write and speak a leading foreign language, whilst not essential, would be beneficial
- A passion for entertainment, culture, and sport is highly sought after
In addition to the day-to-day, this role offers the opportunity to become a part of a vibrant team with a passionate, nurturing and trusting culture. We provide competitive benefits, a flexible working model and initiatives that support your career and wellbeing and enable creativity to flourish including; 28 days holiday, gym membership, ClassPass, HeadSpace, Private Medical insurance to name a few.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.