Associate Media Director
Associate Media Director
Department: Media Services
Location: Memphis, TN, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking an Associate Media Director to oversee and deliver media campaigns for a large client. This role is responsible for ensuring that all activity on the account is aimed towards an objective based performance. It is crucial to understand business objectives and how that is translated into addressable audiences and activated within channels. This role manages a team of performance media experts to ensure client goals are met and the account is in good health to grow. Creating and overseeing campaigns across selected channels (Search, Social, Display, Video, Native, OTT & More). This role is dedicated to identified client accounts to fulfil Media Strategies and plans within Wunderman Thompson's standards of digital media.
What you’ll do:
- Plan | Understand client goals and business objectives to translate into achievable Media KPIs. Match a client’s business objective with targetable and relevant audiences and advise what media channels will be most effective to reach these Audiences.
- Communicate | Clearly articulate what success would look like for the team and continuously assure that the work is inline with a client’s needs.
- Collaborate | Work closely with the Paid Media Strategists and Campaign Managers to deliver on client goals and objectives. Integrate with other service line within the agency (Content, Reporting and analytics, Account teams and project managers)
- Lead | Lead and manage individuals to deliver their best work and ensure client success within paid media channels.
- Client Management | Be confident in presenting work and potential solutions to a client.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude couple with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 5 years of paid digital media leadership experience.
- Understanding in media operations across paid social and other paid media channels.
- Experience in developing paid media plans that align to an overarching strategy.
- Ability to utilize data to inform audience segmentation.
- Understanding of how paid media is measured for success on a per objective basis.
- Strong grasp of and ability to navigate digital tools and platforms, including: SA360, DV360, Google Ads, Bing Ads, The TradeDesk (and various DSPs), Facebook Business Manager, Google Merchant Center, various analytics suites, etc.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.