Senior UX Designer (REMOTE Option)
Senior UX Designer (REMOTE Option)
Location: Los Angeles, CA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
***An important NOTE on location and REMOTE options:
While this role is based out of our Los Angeles office, work can be done remotely for strong qualified candidates. However, due to client considerations and workflow reasons only candidates who are local to the U.S. Pacific or Mountain time zones can be considered. Please only apply if you are local to these areas.
At this time the intention for candidates local to LA will be to choose between working remotely or opting for a hybrid work model that combines working from home and working on-site in our LA office (near the Playa Vista area.) Thank you!
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Senior UX Designer to be responsible for creating world-class experience design for a portfolio of clients. You are a highly-skilled Senior UX designer who can help synthesize and translate abstract concepts into simple, thoughtful design solutions that solve business problems and deliver inspiring experiences.
You’re someone who thrives at the intersection of data, technology and creativity and have a thoughtfulness in how you develop the delicate balance between form and function in your designs. You’re a UX designer at your core, but have a solid understanding of visual systems and a strategic point-of-view about both the art and science behind your work. You have an ability to understand data, parse through ambiguity, and find continuity between disparate thoughts, inspiring those around you. You’re an empathetic champion of the customer, with an insatiable curiosity for their motivations, actions, and how you can forge a tight connection between their needs and business goals.
You believe that the best products are created in collaboration to envision and iterate concepts, and deliver world-class experiences. You have an ability to look at a problem, deconstruct it, and help find a way to make it better through design.
What you’ll do:
- User-Experience Design | You’ll work and help support your team iteratively through the entire UX design process from strategy to implementation, producing detailed client-facing UX deliverables and specifications. Informed by data and research, optimized via testing, you’re able to help create inspiring experiences that ladder up to the larger experience vision by performing a range of design tasks and creating artifacts such as: User flows, wireframes, functional prototypes. You’ll also work with others to help support the completion and creation of tasks and deliverables such as user research, feature sets, customer journeys, information architecture, design systems, and usability testing. You will participate in documentation development process such as user experience specifications, testing and evaluation. You will serve as the advocate for the user, but able to find an optimized balance between brand objectives and user needs.
- Collaborate | You’ll work closely and iteratively with internal, multi-disciplinary teams which may include Strategists, Content Strategists, Visual Designers, Copywriters, Project Managers and Technologists, serving as the experience design foundation and building-blocks that helps the team conceptualize what’s possible through compelling solutions.
Who you are:
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging, especially when working across disciplines.
- Passionate about creativity | Your partnership with creatives and ability to inspire ideas through execution is what gets you out of bed in the morning.
- An experimenter | Embrace the unknown and ready to break process. You’ll be excited by opportunities to explore new ideas rather than rely on existing paradigms, and you view technology as a tool that can drive this creativity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you'll need:
- A minimum of 4 years of experience defining and creating solutions across applications, mobile, website, social and interactive display channels.
- Experience with user testing (in person, focus group, click-through) and knowledge of user testing software such as VerifyApp
- Knowledge of design/prototyping tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud products, Sketch, Figma
- UX design, consulting experience and a portfolio across a variety of large B2B and/or B2C clients.
- Experience as one or more of the following: Information Architect, Interaction Designer.
- Strong presentation skills
- Passion for digital technologies, trends and design
- Strong client management skills with the ability to balance scope, brand objectives and user goals.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.