Global Business Development Lead
Global Business Development Lead
Department: New Business
Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What you’ll be doing:
Global New Business Lead to be the driving force ensuring a new business culture of collaboration and winning to deliver growth.
The key elements of this role are two way:
- Harness global and integrated new business opportunities across Wunderman Thompson.
- Create a global new business machine to support the network
The attitude and approach of the New Business Lead is, in many ways, as important as the experience and skills they possess – as the role will be at heart of the network. You will need to be a self-starter, highly motivated, have natural leadership qualities and gravitas and be prepared to interface with all capabilities and markets to gather the support required. The environment is extremely varied and fast paced so you’ll need to be comfortable juggling multiple plates.
You will need to possess bags of energy and drive and demonstrate a passion for developing the network.
- Working closely in partnership with three key groups within the agency: Regional and Capability Growth Leads, the Global Growth Community and the Global Growth and Marcomms Team
- Arm the global growth community with a library of
- New business material
- Transformational growth cases
- Thought leadership content
- Tech (eg RFI content and delivery platform)
- Monitor new business tracking, reporting, the revenue pipeline and leads
- Bring a fresh and strategic approach to how we solve client problems through our wider capabilities.
- Communicate the IGFAB proposition to prospective client companies in a manner appropriate for the target audience of C-Suite executives.
- Transfer knowledge; share and socialise best practice exemplary work, ideas and solutions with the global growth community.
- Create content and partnerships with key consultants, intermediaries, analysts and tech platforms.
- Develop new business relationships with key WPP agencies eg Group M
- Utilise WT marketing for growth content (Inspire, WT Talks, Transform and thought leadership) to drill down into targeted growth driving material for prospects and clients
- Enhance our ABM strategy for lead generation and pitch prospecting
- Ultimately act as the lynchpin for the global new business machine
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude couple with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What we can offer you:
We don't settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
We have a number of programmes and initiatives designed to support your career and wellbeing. There are exciting knowledge sharing programmes delivered through lunch and learn sessions, cultural opportunities through our exchange programme, and you can have an impact on the wider community through one of our charity initiatives. Your career development is important to us and should you ever choose to move on from Wunderman Thompson, we want you to be better than when you joined us. YOU Time will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations, supported by a range of learning options for every type of learning style. Your mind, body and soul are also taken care of through our varied wellness programmes but we like to have some fun here too, so you could get involved in our culture club, find love through Wunder Dating or if you’re the chosen one, take a spin on our Wheel of Wunder!
There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.