Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson New York is looking for a Product Manager to join our growing team. Product Managers are responsible for building, prioritizing, and managing the backlog for product engagements: gathering and translating the client's business and system requirements into conceptual, functional, and technical requirements. Your responsibilities include collaborating with a cross functional team on the product roadmap and the analysis of all business rules and data for implementing transactional digital experiences. This will therefore require a deep knowledge of the customer's business situation as well as how the different teams within Wunderman Thompson interact with each other.
What you’ll do:
- Lead | Backlog prioritization: Gather and document business requirements and translate them into clear user stories and acceptance criteria that can be used and interpreted by both business and technical users. Identify, prioritize and recommend options for potential solutions, assessing them for both technical and business suitability.
- Innovate | RoadMap: Create logical and innovative solutions to complex problems. Ensure requirement traceability. Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs. Keep up to date with technical and industry sector advances.
- Partner | Proactively and effectively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyze information needs, functional, and technical requirements. Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers), customer experience design team and the software development team through which requirements flow. Provide estimates for future analysis. Work closely with developers and a variety of end users to ensure all solutions deliver customer satisfaction. Provide training to users of a new system as required.
- Quality control | Create functional specifications from creative assets and acceptance criteria to guide front end and mobile web development. Analyze business systems and Web APIs to ensure technical specs for back-end development meet business objectives. Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
Who you are:
- Analytical Thinker | Talented, enthusiastic, focused, eye for detail, professional. Keen to learn and to challenge for smarter ways of doing things.
- Agile | Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, ready to inspire outstanding experiences for consumers and brands, no matter what product, service, sector, device or channel.
- Collaborative | A team player proud of their work who wants to share it. You will have a customer-first mindset, with the maturity and initiative to keep our client partners happy. When our clients win - we win!
- Data-Driven | Commercial and Business awareness coupled with a technical acumen. An appreciator and master of facts and figures who adheres to ethical standards. Strong understanding of web development architecture.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 4 years of product management experience.
- Strong understanding of product planning, development, and ongoing product maintenance.
- Ownership of backlog, features, user stories and acceptance criteria in Jira/Confluence or Microsoft Azure DevOps.
- Collaboration on the product’s strategic roadmap.
- Preferred understanding of defining OKRs and KPIs and collaborating on KPI measurement based on data.
- Strong communication and client presentation skills.
- Preferred knowledge of accessibility guidelines.
- Understanding of web development architecture.
- Understanding of product customer experience design principles.
- Preferred knowledge of Web API’s and tools that assess them (i.e. Postman).
- Knowledge Scrum and SAFe methodologies.
- Experience with Adobe Experience Manager, Sitecore or other CMS tools.
- Ability to work on your own initiative to an agreed action plan.
- Strong problem solving, time management, communication, and organizational skills.
- Energetic, enthusiastic with strong attention to detail.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.