Senior React Native Engineer - Remote
Senior React Native Engineer - Remote
Location: Austin, TX, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Apps (Formerly POSSIBLE Mobile) builds native apps for mobile devices in iOS, Android, and connected devices including Apple TV, Chromecast and Android TV. We are trusted by and have long lasting relationships with our clients including renowned brands like JetBlue, PGA Tour, Hasbro and Tuner Sports. More than development, our team partners with our customers providing strategy, consulting, and business analytics from start to ship to ensure each app performs well and meets user needs.
Founded in 2008 as one of the first mobile consulting shops, we pride ourselves on continually being cutting-edge and place a high priority on staying in the forefront of technology. We are the mobile strategy, user experience, design, and development capabilities division of Wunderman Thompson, a creative, data and technology agency, part of the WPP portfolio.
By nature, we are visionaries, innovators and pioneers in the mobile space. We are built to inspire growth for our clients with breakthrough creativity that helps our clients succeed. If that describes you too, then by all means, get in touch—we’d love to work with you.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Apps (Formerly POSSIBLE Mobile) is seeking a SReact Native Engineer to join our growing team! Responsible for developing hybrid mobile applications for large brands and even larger audiences. Our applications grace the featured sections of the various App Stores and are being built with the latest systems and tools available to developers. For some examples of our work go to https://www.wundermanthompson.com/service/apps.
You will be tasked with leading all or parts of projects based on size and scope. Our environment is fast past, with agile sprints, peer reviews, and we have in-house design and QA also supporting the projects. You will get to work with developers that have been in app development since the beginning, designers that specialize in mobile, and with clients that look to you to be the app specialist for their organization.
What you'll do:
- Work | Write code that is consistent and clean both in formatting style and design with current coding practices.
- Team | Work with a team of developers, designers, QA, and project management to produce high quality projects for large brands that you know and use.
- Collaborate | Mentor associate developers. Review code for your peers. Collaborate and meet with the team to review status, identify potential blockers.
Who you are:
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes, and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 3 years as a Software Engineer.
- Experience using React and/or React Native to develop hybrid mobile projects either professionally or freelance.
- Experience with popular React workflows (such as Flux or Redux).
- Proficient utilizing existing APIs as well as modify, enhance and create backing APIs.
- Self motivated and detail-oriented work ethic with a willingness to challenge assumptions and shift gears.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.