Inclusion, Equity & Diversity Strategist
Inclusion, Equity & Diversity Strategist
Location: Los Angeles, CA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Inclusion, Equity & Diversity Strategist. In this critical role, you will partner with the Chief IED Officer for Wunderman Thompson North America to help manage and support the expansion of IED objectives aimed at delivering on specific aspects of our IED strategy across Wunderman Thompson North America offices and ensuring they are forwarding the core business goals of the agency going forward.
At Wunderman Thompson IED efforts are not complimentary to our ambitious growth goals – they are mission critical to our growth.
Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated, data driven, creative thinker who has experience managing complex projects and multiple stakeholders. You will utilize your attention to detail, organized work style and your experience and insights in program management and your excellent communication and relationship building skills to ensure high quality and sustainable results. Ultimately, you will be a key change agent and partner in amplifying the IED strategy work for our internal stakeholders and employee communities across regions.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate | Ensure IED strategy is seen as a growth center at WT at large. Help establish and strengthen deeper IED relationships and connections across the WT NA community to drive broader results that support a culture of inclusion, belonging and purpose.
- Drive the brand’s vision | Be a champion for IED by being a subject matter expert with the ability to clearly articulate and reinforce the inclusion, equity, and diversity strategy in alignment with a focus on bottom line business and employee engagement. Quickly evaluate and align with organizational IED priorities while providing a strategic view of execution and accountability.
- Shape and lead strategic approach | Provide leadership and support as an IED strategist by designing specific data-driven programs that help leaders understand and embrace IED as the core foundation to business purpose. Deliver insights in support of IED related recruitment practices to ensure consistency in execution of goals and messaging.
- Bring in fresh thinking | Provide clear and concise IED guidance and feedback to business leaders for client or location specific initiatives. Create quarterly reporting communication highlighting IED updates and goal progression. Create and monitor annual development curriculum for Employee Resource Group leaders.
- Find the creative solution | Work as a passionate and committed voice for IED in the broader industry community. Engage regularly with internal and external networks to share opportunities and participate in industry sponsored events that support IED goals and objectives. Ensure overall excellence in strategic operationalization, while balancing multiple priorities.
Who you are:
- Genuine | Ability to demonstrate awareness and understanding of multiple facets of diversity: cultural, ethnic, racial, religious, gender, educational, age, sexual orientation, linguistic, professional, and other differences that make Wunderman Thompson unique.
- Builder | Experience with data and insights mining to tell powerful stories. A strategic leader able to bring the WT IED strategy to life. Forward-thinking, detailed-oriented, personable, excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Solutions-oriented | Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities resulting in high quality outcomes. Strong project management skills to handle complex projects simultaneously. Proven time management skills and the ability to organize complex information. Ability to work across levels and functions to build relationships. Forward-thinking, detailed-oriented, and personable.
- Team Player | Demonstrated experience in building communities. Superior oral and written communication skills, particularly within developing presentations and documents that tell the IED story to gain alignment.
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in related areas of program management and oversight.
- Passionate about process creation, standardization and improvement.
- Innate attention to detail.
- Enjoys self-directed work and has an ability to operate autonomously.
- Experience working in a agile, highly cross-functional organization.
- Experience creating agendas, presentation decks and spreadsheets for tracking data is preferred.
- Resilient, able to work with ambiguity and a good sense of balance.
- Inspired by building a culture of inclusion, belonging and purpose in the workplace.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.