Senior Digital Strategist
Senior Digital Strategist
Location: San Diego, CA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Performance Marketing is seeking a Senior Digital Strategist that can create paths for our clients by evaluating stated goals and objectives and providing performance-based solutions for paid, owned and earned media. In this role you will work closely with subject matter experts in search, social, display, remarketing, SEO, UX and analytics but you also must possess a deep understanding and passion for these areas in order to build winning strategies for our clients. You will be go-to digital expert for a top client and also be responsible for leading our internal team of SMEs. If you have a proven background in creating data-driven digital strategies for clients and have a passion for trends and innovation then this job may be for you!
What you’ll do:
- Client | Act as the day-to-day strategic digital lead for clients. Partner with holistic omni-channel team to oversee the translation of our clients’ objectives and plan a roadmap across all media channels that will achieve client goals, while generating work that is creatively brilliant, measurable and has a business impact. Become the expert for the client and a go-to resource for performance marketing strategies across digital tactics. Translate client objectives into high-performing campaigns across paid, owned and earned. Help lead regular client meetings and presentations.
- Team | Partner with all internal departments to ensure cohesive strategies. Assist in the creation of presentation decks. Review team deliverables and monitors work for connection to strategic plans. Work with analytics team members to assess data trends and analyze performance. Perform research relevant to the client, competition, audiences and help translate into actions.
- Process | Lead client optimization to ensure objectives are being met. Sell in new solutions and find innovative ways to build best practices for the client.
Who you are:
- Critical Thinker | Constantly learning, seeking to solve new problems and explore solutions with internal and external stakeholders. Strive to develop an understanding of marketing technologies, client ecosystems, automation solutions, and emerging technology to collaborate with the client and teams to provide new solutions.
- In It Together | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion and a leader of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Communicator | The ability to intake simple and complex problems, listen, find the appropriate solutions, and teach to internal and external teams (through spoken and written formats) why your solutions will work and why they continue to work (or need adapting) once implemented.
- Optimistic and ego-less | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity. We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
- Digital & Business Obsessed| We help our clients perform and grow, leveraging all digital channels at our disposal. Passion and knowledge of these opportunities, with an overall business acumen at the foundation is we help our clients win.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 5 years of digital marketing experience preferably in an agency environment.
- Experience performing digital assessments, creating digital roadmaps for clients and using research to inform strategies.
- Ability to simplify complex business challenges into actionable marketing plans.
- Agency and/or consulting experience is preferred.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.