Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
About Wunderman Thompson
Wunderman Thompson is a creative, data and technology agency built to inspire growth for its clients and its people. Using end-to-end solutions at a global scale, our entrepreneurial spirit infuses creativity with emerging technology to deliver revolutionary results. Headquartered in New York, we are a worldwide agency bringing together over 20,000 people in 90 markets across the globe.
In the face of rapid change in digital marketing, clients are looking for simpler solutions spanning the full range of digital marketing. So, for the last few years we have invested and brought together our entire network of growing businesses across the region (Wunderman, POSSIBLE, Salmon, 2Sales, Acceleration, Cognifide, Marketplace Ignition, and Fuse Pump), as well as world class agency J. Walter Thompson, creating a truly integrated creativity, data and technology offering underpinned by some of the best specialist resources available in the market. The subsequent result gives clients seamless access to a range of services which span advertising, digital strategy, experience design, ecommerce, CRM, content, marketing technology and digital transformation consulting.
As a recognized pioneer of our industry, Wunderman Thompson focuses on Inspiration as our ‘north star’ and as a catalyst to success, moving people from apathy to possibility. We believe strongly that inspiration takes specialized expertise, diverse perspectives, and the application of creativity to all problem solving.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our transformational journey by delivering breakthrough future-proof content solutions. We are looking for a UK based Global Content Operations Lead to support our growing Content Services team in leading regional and global strategic projects around content strategy, digital production, addressable content and commerce content.
The ideal candidate will have advertising, digital production or media agency experience, be an organized, self-motivated strategic thinker, great communicator, and should have a passion for technology and interests in content trends and innovations. You should be able to expertly structure and present agency solutions in a clear and inspiring way, as well as ensure the operational feasibility of such opportunity.
This role is to work within our specialist Marketing Services Centre and be part of our EMEA regional leadership team, reporting to the Executive Director Content Services - EMEA & MSC. There will be the global travel in this role once the restrictions as a result of Covid-19 are lifted.
What you’ll do:
- Be the client advocate - fully represent Clients’ interest in the day-to-day operations of our business and anticipate their needs.
- Work jointly with Global Directors to develop new proposals that usually involve multiple distributed global teams and different agency services such as content, production, commerce content, among others.
- Identify new business opportunities and respond by creating or upscaling content services, as well as leveraging existing solutions across our more than 200 offices and teams of experts
- Work hand-in-hand with our offshore production hubs to ensure their delivery meets or exceeds client expectations.
- Ensure flawless service delivery to client according to agreed scope, SLAs and KPIs – even if delivered out of cross-client production teams.
- Work closely with MSC HUBS and other people involved in specific projects to both develop detailed specification documents with clear project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Resolve client issues, propose solutions, and escalate to the appropriate person to the point of resolution.
- Effectively communicate request expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Clear communication to all stakeholders about project progress and action items.
- Proactive communication to manager in case of any development that could lead to issues with successful project delivery.
- Proactively identify opportunities to adjust processes for efficiencies, engage the appropriate stakeholders prior to making any changes.
- Participate in all relevant communication/conference calls with Clients and Hubs.
- Be on top/aware of all key projects/issues/changes happening in the team – set up and own meeting structure to support this.
- Have solid understanding of the direct marketing principles, project process flow and execution to ensure the ability to successfully measure and report on detailed digital marketing campaigns/ projects.
- Review request briefs for accuracy and follow-up with requestor for clarification as needed.
- This person will work with the global directors managing the delivery of all project engagements through our local teams and global production hubs, delivering on client requirements, and identifying any opportunities to expand client relationships.
What You’ll Need:
- You might have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/ university in advertising, marketing, communications, psychology or similar area. Or if not, you will have relevant demonstrable work and life experience you can talk about. What we care is about is what you can deliver and how passionately you can talk about where you are now.
- 2-3 years’ experience running client accounts and developing client relationships at a high level.
- Passion for growing relationships and businesses.
- Proven experience with managing diverse teams and client relationships in digital environment with the ability to adeptly deal with client relationship or internal team operations issues.
- Knowledge of web environments and development, digital production environment or technical background related to digital media production is a big plus.
- Finely honed project management skills reflective of your work experience and work achievements.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and influential communication skills are critical.
- Strong writing, presentation, and client-facing communication skills with proficiency in MS Office products.
- Self-driven and able to manage and prioritize workload for self and teams.
- Ability to manage with senior stakeholders.
- Strong sense of initiative, ability to act as an independent leader.
- Excellent multi-tasking, networking, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Team player and able to flex within structure.
- Due to the global nature of the business, being flexible with your work pattern will be necessary to including late night and early morning meetings.
- Availability to travel globally to our Wunderman Thompson Production Hubs when current travel restrictions permit.
- Be able to work under stressful situations and manage stringent deadlines.
- Detailed oriented, efficient, dependable and a collaborative team player with a positive “can do” professional attitude.
- The ability to multi-task between multiple projects, execution team deliverables and meet deadlines.
- Capacity for project and directional changes and flexibility.
- Organizational skills to keep the work organized and well distributed among the team members.
- Ability to prioritize urgent/important tasks and deliver on time.
Our personality and behaviours
We believe we are what we do, not just what we say. Our behaviours show how to bring the Wunderman Thompson culture to life through the actions we take every day.
Listening – We see conversation as a chance to discover and understand, not get a point across.
In It Together – We’re at our best when we work together: with our clients, with our colleagues and with our partners.
Creative Bravery – We challenge convention in every aspect of our work. Creative describes how we act, not the department we sit in.
Positivity – We seek solutions to problems and always find a way forward. We bring passion and energy to every situation we encounter.
What you’ll get from working with us
You’ll be joining a super, talented team based at Greater London House (Mornington Crescent), London. You’ll establish yourself as a trusted partner and work closely with Global and EMEA teams. The health and wellbeing of our employees is high on our agenda, so you’ll be able to join activities in our Wellness centre, enjoy weekly yoga and take advantage of our benefits including cycle-to work scheme and fresh fruit.
We’ll support you in a culture where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your differences and diversity of background to add to it, which is why we have a range of initiatives driven by our employees from the Inclusion Board who focus on education, awareness and events, the Green Team who help us to be better to the environment and the Culture Club who organise our social events; meaning everyone can bring into the agency what’s important to them.
You’ll be working with around 10,000 brilliant minds across the region. Our learning culture with regular lunchtime lessons, training programmes and our employee development approach puts you on career path with clear objectives and empowers you to talk about your longer-term ambitions. Our aim is to help you do your best work at Wunderman Thompson, and know if you ever choose to leave us, you’ll leave better than when you joined.
Would you like to know more about daily agency life? Check out our blog, FB and LinkedIn profile, and if you want us, send us your CV (or a link to your LinkedIn profile) and a few sentences about yourself. Or, if you know someone who would be suitable for this position, let them know!
Wunderman Thompson is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting and retaining the most qualified employees regardless of race, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, age or disability. We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Wunderman Thompson is a WPP agency. For more information, please visit our website and follow Wunderman Thompson on our social channels via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.