Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
About Wunderman Thompson
Wunderman Thompson is a creative, data and technology agency built to inspire growth for its clients and its people. Using end-to-end solutions at a global scale, our entrepreneurial spirit infuses creativity with emerging technology to deliver revolutionary results. Headquartered in New York, we are a worldwide agency bringing together over 20,000 people in 90 markets across the globe.
In the face of rapid change in digital marketing, clients are looking for simpler solutions spanning the full range of digital marketing. So, during 2017/18, to address this, we invested and brought together our entire network of growing businesses across the region (Wunderman, POSSIBLE, Salmon, 2Sales, Acceleration, Cognifide, Marketplace Ignition, and Fuse Pump), and have now integrated world class agency J. Walter Thompson, creating a truly integrated creativity, data and technology offering underpinned by some of the best specialist resources available in the market. The subsequent result is giving clients seamless access to a range of services which span advertising, digital strategy, experience design, ecommerce, CRM, content, marketing technology and digital transformation consulting.
As a recognized pioneer of our industry, Wunderman Thompson focuses on Inspiration as our ‘north star’ and as a catalyst to success; moving people from apathy to possibility. We believe strongly that inspiration takes specialized expertise, diverse perspectives, and the application of creativity to all problem solving.
Our personality and behaviours
We believe we are what we do, not just what we say. Our behaviours show how to bring the Wunderman Thompson culture to life through the actions we take every day.
• Listening – We see conversation as a chance to discover and understand, not get a point across.
• In It Together – We’re at our best when we work together: with our clients, with our colleagues and with our partners.
• Creative Bravery – We challenge convention in every aspect of our work. Creative describes how we act, not the department we sit in.
• Positivity – We seek solutions to problems and always find a way forward. We bring passion and energy to every situation we encounter.
The EMEA Regional Finance Leadership team is looking for a Finance Analyst to join the team, reporting to the EMEA Financial Controller. This is a brilliant opportunity to join a strong and experienced team, and you would be joining at a time of transformation and good business growth. This role would suit a finance analyst looking for their next step up, and being part of a broader global network in Wunderman Thompson and WPP you will have access to structured development to help you grow your career.
- Direct oversight of the group reporting for a number of key EMEA markets.
- Ensure integrity of financial reporting and in accordance with WPP policies and IFRS. Liaise with the global finance team on reporting matters.
- Review with the markets monthly, quarterly and annual submissions including budgets, forecasts and client profitability.
- Support senior members of the team with specific areas of the EMEA reporting and compliance process for the whole region.
- Business focussed analysis reviewing and analysing in depth the regions operational and commercial output. Highlighting risks, opportunities, and trends. Focus on revenue growth, pipeline, top clients, capabilities
- Produce management reports for markets and senior members of the team.
- Build in-depth knowledge of the markets including business issues and perform risk-based financial analysis
- Support markets with their SOX compliance and ensure compliance at a regional level.
- Adhoc projects for EMEA Controllers and Finance Managers
- Studying ACA / CIMA / ACCA with 5 years+ experience.
- Good accounting experience in IFRS, management accounting and analytical review, system & processes review
- International experience and other European languages will be an advantage
- Business analysis experience is medium or large international organisation
- Advanced Excel skills (ability to write macros will be advantage)
- SOX experience
- Use of a consolidation tool such as Cartesis / SAP BFC
- Proven ability to form strong relationships with colleagues
- Proven ability to learn quickly
- Energetic and practical approach, with good attention to detail
- Analytical, critical, organizational skills
- Good team player, confident, with a sense of humour
- Clear and effective communicator
- Strong work ethics & highly committed to the success of the team, region and company
What you’ll get from working with us
You’ll be joining a super, talented team based at Greater London House (Mornington Crescent). You’ll establish yourself as a trusted partner and work closely with our wider Finance team throughout EMEA. The health and wellbeing of our employees is high on our agenda, so you’ll be able to join activities in our Wellness centre, enjoy weekly yoga and take advantage of our benefits including cycle-to work scheme and fresh fruit.
We’ll support you in a culture where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your differences and diversity of background to add to it, which is why we have a range of initiatives driven by our employees from the Inclusion Board who focus on education, awareness and events, the Green Team who help us to be better to the environment and the Culture Club who organise our social events; meaning everyone can bring into the agency what’s important to them.
You’ll be working with around 10,000 brilliant minds across the region. Our learning culture with regular lunchtime lessons, training programmes and our employee development approach puts you on career path with clear objectives and empowers you to talk about your longer-term ambitions. Our aim is to help you do your best work at Wunderman Thompson, and know if you ever choose to leave us, you’ll leave better than when you joined.
We believe that recruiting talent with diverse experiences, perspectives and backgrounds encourages people to think differently and be more creative. We’re committed to increasing our diversity and actively recruit from groups that are under-represented in the creative sector. We welcome difference whether it’s ethnicity, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability so please be yourself
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Wunderman Thompson is a WPP agency. For more information, please visit our website and follow Wunderman Thompson on our social channels via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.