Director, Data & Analytics
Director, Data & Analytics
Department: Data & Analytics
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking for a Director of Analytics who is skilled in measurement planning, audience development, and experience analytics and can lead marketing analytics on two of our key accounts. They have experience managing analysts and senior analysts to deliver actionable recommendations and solve client business problems. They partner with CX and creative to establish best practices and make our work more effective. They will report to the Chief Data Officer, NY and in addition to client duties will lead data strategy and analytics on periodic new business pitches.
What you'll do:
- Lead | Be a thought leader in the space of marketing attribution and consumer decision making.
- Analyze | Apply quantitative methods such as predictive modeling, segmentation and testing. methodologies to analyze and interpret information to drive business results.
- Ensure that the quality and timeliness of analytic deliverables meet client expectations.
- Develop | Produce and present client insights, recommendations to senior audiences.
- Guide | Help mentor and provide direction to Analysts and Senior Analysts on all aspects of client deliverables.
- Teamwork | Foster working relationships within/across share capability teams working in a highly collaborative environment.
Who you are:
- A builder | Leadership skills and entrepreneurial attitude. Ability and appetite to create bring people together. Innate knack to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable with ambiguity and encourage collaboration.
- An experimenter | Embrace the unknown and ready to break process. You’ll be excited by opportunities to create new rather than default to plugging-in to existing ones, while leaning towards experimentation. You see technology as a tool for creativity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you'll need:
- Expert level knowledge of marketing analytics techniques, segmentation, lifetime value, ROI analysis, and test design.
- Advanced web analytics and CRM experience. Able to define best practices for technology application and drive incremental effectiveness.
- Experience in advanced ROI methodologies such as media mix modeling, multi-channel attribution, market basket analysis, and contact strategy analysis (Markov chain).
- Experience delivering cross-functional data science projects in a marketing context, specifically advertising, media, audience segmentation, user acquisition and retention, product recommendations, content personalization, and so on.
- Minimum of 8 years prior agency or comparable consulting experience.
- Advanced degree in statistics, mathematics, economics or other quantitative discipline.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.