Email Developer Lead
Email Developer Lead
Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking an Email Developer Lead to create, update and maintain HTML email templates for on-going client digital marketing programs. The Email Dev Lead will work closely with the creative design team - applying clean, compliant coding skills to their design comps to transform their design files into functional templates based on industry best practices. This role will support offshore teams that create campaigns based on those templates. Strong HTML and CSS hand-coding skills with the ability to troubleshoot email rendering bugs is a must.
This is a contract opportunity in our Seattle office.
What you'll do:
- Create | Code, test and maintain email templates according to industry-standard best practices. Create optimized assets for desktop and mobile from creative design files.
- Facilitate | Work closely with offshore Dev and QA teams to provide guidance on campaign requirements, templates, and approach via stand ups and all communication channels. Partner with Technical Project Managers to ensure on-time delivery of campaign assets.
- Refine | Apply knowledge of email industry trends and developments to ongoing code improvements. Help establish and evolve email dev best practices, processes and training materials.
- Teamwork | Document and maintain coding and delivery specifications for sharing across teams. Collaborate across teams to review feasibility of email functionality and designs.
Who you are:
- A Strong Communicator | You’re an excellent communicator (both written and verbal) with exceptional analytical skills.
- Detail-Oriented | You have sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection.
- A Collaborator | You display organizational and teamwork skills. Must be comfortable working in a collaborative environment with QA, Project Managers, Designers, Marketing Scientists, and other Developers.
- A Multitasker | You can prioritize and work on multiple projects simultaneously. You’re able to function in a high pressure / high ambiguity environment.
- An Innovator | Must be a quick study and willing to evaluate, learn and implement new and emerging processes.
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience developing and testing responsive HTML emails.
- Expert understanding of email development, deliverability, and testing.
- Strong knowledge and experience with HTML5, CSS3, LESS, and SASS.
- Strong knowledge of email rendering bugs and work arounds.
- Strong knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, focusing on Photoshop to produce assets; Sketch / Adobe XD / Zeplin experience is preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Adobe Campaign or similar enterprise platform.
- Familiarity with source control, task management, and bug tracking platforms is preferred.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.