Global Delivery Lead
Global Delivery Lead
Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: Boston, MA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
At Wunderman Thompson\MSC, our mission is simple: to deliver smarter marketing automation to our clients. WT’s Marketing Solutions Center (MSC) is one of the world’s largest marketing services companies. With 12 Service Centers, and over 2400 employees, the MSC has facilities in locations such as the US, Prague, Delhi, Buenos Aires, Uruguay, Lebanon, Dhaka, Copenhagen, and South Africa. We provide large scale digital production, connected content studios, production operations platforms, marketing outsourcing consultancy and CRM execution.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson/MSC is seeking a Global Delivery Lead in our Wunderman Thompson MSC office in Boston. While we grow our organization to serve some of the most inspiring clients in the world, the Delivery Lead will work to put in place the infrastructure, process and employee support systems that set the stage for our centers to grow exponentially over the next 2-3 years.
This is a hybrid position combining business consulting with deep experience in global marketing operations delivery. If you love taking on complex problems and are a master at inspiring and mobilizing teams to deliver their best work then this job provides the opportunity to work with teams across the globe and can provide a great deal of personal satisfaction. This newly created position will play a key role working closely with our CEO and the MSC leadership team to ensure a laser focus on having the best delivery model in the industry for our clients- today, tomorrow and in the future.
In this role, you will have a front-row seat for one of the world’s largest marketing services companies. Strengths in business process problem solving, consulting and global delivery are key. This is a "roll up your sleeves” role, and the successful candidate will be involved in every aspect of delivery.
What you’ll do:
- Build | Bring best-in-class marketing operations and outsourcing practices to our centers, supporting a unified and scalable way of working across the globe. Proactively identify opportunities to adjust processes for efficiencies across and between MSC operations. Engage with stakeholders to enact needed changes. Work with MSC CTO and local MSC leads to determine appropriate infrastructure to provide for efficient delivery operations, transfer of global work and optimal service to global clients.
- Deliver | Work with MSC HR Lead to define and deliver consistent onboarding for all MSC employees globally and to develop and deploy global training programs to MSC employees. Determine needs for additional MSC operations in line with expected client growth and current MSC capacity. Review and assess potential new MSC locations. Oversee the successful onboarding of any new MSC locations, including selection of MSC Operations Lead, induction of staff into MSC processes, systems and work flow. Coordinate with existing MSC operations and on-ramp of clients.
- Process | Support the new business and proposal process from a delivery readiness and staffing model perspective. Work with key operational and process leads, establish “to-be” state (optimal processes for MSC operations) and roadmap for getting there. Optimize standard processes and best practices for digital execution, workflow, and communication. Engage with MSC Operations leads to enforce standards. Champion implementation of new processes and systems to support production streamlining.
- Lead | Step in and lead the initial phase 0 and phase 1 delivery and onboarding for new large-scale clients. Provide leadership and mentoring to MSC Operations leads. Set professional growth goals, recommend professional development and review yearly performance. Set performance metrics, creative development and production processes standards, and systems (including project tracking and workflow, asset management system) implementation protocols.
Who You Are:
- Relationship-builder | Strong interpersonal skills to work with variety of people throughout the company.
- Motivated | Able to work independently and has the drive and urgency critical for managing deadlines with competing priorities.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Exemplify a “Yes and why not?” posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Agile | Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What You’ll Need
- Minimum of 15 years work experience with increasing responsibilities in a global agency or consulting firm.
- A strong personality who thrives in a high-paced environment and is able to work autonomously and within a team.
- Ability to lead, bring joy, be accessible and inspire the team and skilled at leading global virtual teams.
- Thorough understanding of project management methodologies, process mapping and digital production.
- Deep understanding of workflow; DAM and digital production processes.
- Experience of production in content, outsourced, and digital production.
- Exceptional knowledge of online advertising operations, major ad serving platforms, and content management systems.
- Ability to scope projects and resource effectively to deliver quality and consistency at low cost.
- Skilled communicator able to track and report status on all aspects of production across multiple projects daily.
- Ability to present complex production systems simply and clearly to senior level executives.
- Experience partnering with the CEO or other C-level executive in a fast-scaling Marketing Services company.
- Master at PowerPoint, graphics and formulating compelling storyboards.
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA Preferred.
- Willingness to travel as required depending on client engagement or MSC engagement.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.