Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Global EA to the Global Chief Creative Officer and Global Chief Strategy Officer
As part of the Global Creative and Global Strategy team, you will be a key player in supporting the team with diary and email management alongside project management.
Wunderman Thompson Global is searching for a highly organised, self-driven and detail-oriented Executive Assistant to support our Global CCO & the Global CSO based out of our London office.
To be successful, you will have previous executive-level support experience dedicated to a busy team in a fast-paced, ever-evolving environment as well as a track record of managing ever-changing schedules and conflicting priorities.
Our Global CCO and CSO manages a range of teams and initiatives, driving the success of our award-winning agency and extensive roster of clients. We need someone that has excellent business acumen, common sense and a real appetite to get involved in the running of the business. You’ll be expected to gain a good understanding of the business functions and help with projects and any issues as they occur. You will be the right hand to both our Global CCO & Global CSO and a natural extension to their day-to-day role. Therefore, you will need to be an excellent organiser and communicator and able to build trust within the team.
What you’ll be doing
This is a tough list to define but to give you an idea, here’s a start . . .
- Assisting with day to day logistics to make sure that our CCO & CSO is in the right place at the right time, but you’ll take a common sense approach and ensure that they get a work-life balance too (breathing space is useful throughout the day)
- Total diary management like a pro for both of them, treat this like your own and plan effectively and smartly
- Taking complete control of all travel requirements (this will include a lot within London but also international travel too once permitted)
- You’ll literally live in their inbox to make sure that you know everything that is going on, flagging where appropriate, and pro-actively drafting email responses
- Keeping track of all actions and deadlines – pro-actively gathering information from the senior team to help with any tasks
- Collating briefing docs ahead of each meeting where necessary
- Preparing reports, presentations and documents using various applications
- Preparing PPT presentations
- Supporting with new business and pitches
What else might you be doing in this role:
- Representing both in communications, meetings and events where needed
- Providing the bridge for smooth communication among internal and external teams; maintaining credibility, confidentiality, trust and support
- Helping to manage external relationships
- Processing expenses, generally taking care of day to day financial admin
- Submitting and approving Timesheets
- Handling meeting minutes and agendas, updating shared documents, creating reports where necessary
- Working on ad-hoc projects to support the growth and development of the agency
- Management of the monthly & quarterly global Creative and Strategy meetings, including presenter schedule, PPT presentation, sourcing content & speakers, briefing the presenters and producing the Live Teams event (if remote)
- Personal tasks on an ad-hoc basis
- Flexibility on working hours. On occasions due to timezones, calls will take place out of the usual UK working hours of 9-6pm UK
Who we’re looking for
- Previous experience supporting a busy C-Suite executive (s) in a fast paced, ever changing environment
- Exceptional organisational skills with the ability to take initiative, manage a changing schedule and manage competing priorities without losing anything in the shuffle
- Ability to work to a high standard at pace
- Crisis and issue management experience and project management skills
- Previous experience coordinating travel and planning across multiple time-zones
- Extensive diary management and inbox management experience
- Excellent attention to detail and first-class communication skills
- Ability to deal with stakeholders at all levels with credibility and ease
- Experience in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Business savvy and a genuine interest in how business works
Previous industry experience is not required, the most important thing is that you are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and have a confident, client-focused mindset as well as an enthusiastic and results-oriented attitude.
What we can offer you
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
Our focus is on keeping teams connected and engaged whether we're in the office or working from home, putting people’s wellbeing first, ensuring every person has access to our learning and development programme and building an inclusive workplace. We have a weekly ‘Staying Connected Calendar’ which is full to the brim of training you can get involved in, inspiration sessions hosted by external partners to check out and wellbeing classes and tips and tricks to look after your mind, body and soul. From yoga, Pilates, HIIT, hypnotherapy, a Strava cycling group, 1:1 resilience sessions and trained mental health first aiders. To name a few. Within our office we have a dedicated wellness studio and this year we built a brand new learning lab. Here we host weekly lunchtime lessons that supports iLearn, our learning & development portal home to 100s of sessions for you to access. We're also committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse workforce driven by our Inclusion Council and Employee Resource Groups; Roots, Green, Unite, Women @ WT, Families Network and culture club.
Your career development is important to us. Thrive will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations. There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Wunderman Thompson is a WPP agency. For more information, please visit our website and follow Wunderman Thompson on our social channels via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.