Senior Experience Strategist
Senior Experience Strategist
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Senior Experience Strategist with a user-centered mindset to be responsible for conceptualizing world-class strategy. You are a hyper-creative experience strategist who can synthesize and translate abstract and complex concepts into simple, thoughtful solutions that solve business problems and deliver inspiring experiences.
We believe that experience strategy is at the core of solving our client’s most strategic and innovative challenges. We are seeking a Senior Experience Strategist that is passionate about people and their needs- someone that can use their skills in research and design to help define meaningful, engaging products and services.
To succeed in this role, you must be proactive in managing projects, clients and designers. You must be an advocate for the user, have a passion for experiences that connect physical and digital worlds, to continually push, disrupt, challenge, and innovate ensuring that we’re doing the best work to drive the best results for our clients.
What you’ll do:
- Plan | Lead both qualitative and quantitative research efforts to better understand people and their environments. Analyze and synthesize research into actionable insights and recommendations.
- Gather | Lead conceptual product definition discussions with team members and clients leveraging frameworks, documenting underlying information architecture. Help conduct usability testing (in-person and remote; moderated and unmoderated) to evaluate user experiences and engagement. Work with a cross-functional experience design team to create human-centric journey maps and blueprints based on needs, persona definition, and research.
- Organize | Structure and facilitate workshops to define business and product goals, solution concepts and features. Develop products, services strategies, and product roadmaps based on user insights and digital analytics inputs. Help develop and design artifacts including: user stories, concepts, storyboards, wireframes, and prototypes to various degrees of fidelity to make your ideas clearly understood. Assist with business development pitches and proposals that showcase the value of experience design strategy to potential clients.
- Collaborate | Work closely and iteratively with both clients and internal, multi-disciplinary teams which may include Product Designers, Service Designers, Project Managers, and Technologists. You’ll be defining the product vision and roadmap to help the team align on direction. Ensure designs and executions are implemented to a high quality. Work closely with client partners to incorporate learnings from different parts of the business and provide direction on how to improve experiences and internal processes.
Who you are:
- Crafty | Insatiably curious and passionate about uncovering human truths, choices, and behaviors. Expert at translating information and data into cohesive, concise plans.
- Team Player | Collaborative playmaker with experience working cross-functionally (with agile Creative, User Experience, Account and Analytics teams). Articulates problems and solutions clearly, striving to bring unity to teams.
- An experimenter | Embraces the unknown and ready to break process. You’ll be excited by opportunities to explore new ideas rather than rely on existing paradigms, and you view technology as a tool that can drive this creativity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing- it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 3 years of professional strategy experience having worked at a digital agency, consulting firm, and/or boutique strategy firm.
- Proven experience in various types of user or customer research, user testing and analysis, insights generation, touchpoint/ journey mapping, workshop design and management, developing sketches/low fidelity wireframes for digital prototypes, products, and/or services.
- Proficiency in storytelling and defining the format: presentation decks, documentation, visual artifacts.
- Familiarity and experience working with WCAG 2.1 A/AA standards as well as ADA compliance.
- Comfortable working independently.
- Strong collaboration skills demonstrated internally and with clients.
- Ability to understand different user, business and technical needs and constraints and provide clear recommendations balancing these inputs.
- A strong understanding of different channels (physical, digital, voice, etc.).
- Strong presentation and client management skills.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.