Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What will you be doing?
We are looking for a detail-obsessed Resource Manager for a 1-year FTC maternity cover commencing September 2021, to facilitate great work across the agency. This role supports primarily the busy Strategy and Planning team, so an understanding of these resources is preferred but not essential. Also managing freelance requirements across Delivery Team.
- Ensuring all live projects are allocated to relevant resources across the Strategy teams after discussion with Team Leads and Heads of Department
- Ensuring all team members across Strategy are aware of what they are working on and any project overruns are flagged and solved with Project Managers
- Daily trafficking and problem solving around project priorities when last minute urgent resource requests rise
- Weekly interpretation of all resource requests from Project Managers via status meetings and the Resource profiles, leading to a solid understanding of short term and long-term resourcing
- Running of weekly Resource meetings with Project Managers, grouped by client, to solve clashes and ensure understanding of project status
- Identifying freelance needs; obtaining freelance sign off from the Commercial Leads and Chief Finance Officer; arranging interviews with relevant team members; negotiating rates and feedback
- Tracking freelance utilisation and building business cases with Team Leads for freelancer extensions where necessary
- Running weekly Freelance Utilisation sessions with the Commercial team to discuss all freelance extensions and new hires based on revenue and capacity
- Working with the Strategy teams to ensure any project requests coming through from the wider agency network are agreed via investment or revenue via inter-agency working orders via the Commercial team
- Oversight of capacity of Project Managers and hiring of freelancers as and when required
Who are you?
We are looking for a detail-obsessed Resource Manager, who loves working with the business to facilitate great work across the agency. They will need to have an interest in the Data department and skill set that range across these teams. They will be a problem solver keen to take on new challenges and have experience in an agency resourcing at least one of the following areas: creative campaign development, CRM and data, email, direct mail, film and content production.
- Ideally someone that is familiar with resourcing the strategy dept
- Well networked and experienced in recruiting across platforms such as Linked In and YunoJuno.
- Experience of managing multiple lead internal stakeholders with conflicting workload priorities
- Exacting attention to detail and proven ability of solving resourcing issues
- A keen problem solver with experience of resourcing a large agency in some/all of the following areas: brand campaign development, CRM and social
- Familiar with monitoring staff levels and ensuring the cost and hiring of freelancers is appropriate based on commercial business needs will be constantly evaluated.
What we can offer you:
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
Our focus is on keeping teams connected and engaged whether we're in the office or working from home, putting people’s wellbeing first, ensuring every person has access to our learning and development programme and building an inclusive workplace. We have a weekly ‘Staying Connected Calendar’ which is full to the brim of training you can get involved in, inspiration sessions hosted by external partners to check out and wellbeing classes and tips and tricks to look after your mind, body and soul. From yoga, Pilates, HIIT, hypnotherapy, a Strava cycling group, 1:1 resilience sessions and trained mental health first aiders. To name a few. Within our office we have a dedicated wellness studio and this year we built a brand new learning lab. Here we host weekly lunchtime lessons that supports iLearn, our learning & development portal home to 100s of sessions for you to access. We're also committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse workforce driven by our Inclusion Council and Employee Resource Groups; Roots, Green, Unite, Women @ WT, Families Network and culture club.
Your career development is important to us. Thrive will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations. There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Wunderman Thompson is a WPP agency. For more information, please visit our website and follow Wunderman Thompson on our social channels via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.