Business Affairs Associate
Business Affairs Associate
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Business Affairs Associate with experience in organizational processes and financial planning/analysis in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for a team player that works closely with the Client Service, finance, and leadership teams within our organization. Additionally, you’ll display a proven ability to develop and maintain an environment of trust, diversity, and inclusion within your team. This is an associate level position with a fast track to true Business Affairs within production. You enjoy working with people but have no problem going heads down for stretches of time to complete a task. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are always open to expanding your craft.
What you’ll do:
- Control | Assist in managing the financial and contractual side of photo, video and experiential production, ensuring shoots are completed on time and reconciled correctly within the pre-determined budget. Follow production estimates to accurately resource hours for internal staff members and external vendors and assign deliverables that align with project timeline and scope.
- Support | Work closely with the Production Team (producers, project managers, business affairs and editors), and the Creative Team to ensure creative vision, expectation and overall objectives are captured. Assist with ‘Scope of Work’ for new production projects. Generate weekly reports as needed. Assist with setting up new vendors, preparation of estimates, creation and tracking of purchase orders, contracts and insurance. Reconciling costs upon wrap of job.
- Team | Serve as agency champion to create and pull integrated processes together for internal teams in support of great client work. Develop and grow relationships across key stakeholders. Assess and recommend tactics and strategies for building efficiencies, streamlining operations and enhancing the value of agency to the client. Actively contribute to a collaborative effort to create unified processes and communications to add value to the team and clients.
- Structure | Organize and track all documentation of jobs for completed team folders for audit and historical needs.
Who you are:
- Detail-oriented | This role requires a natural problem solver and someone who is inquisitive and enjoys creating innovative solutions.
- Versatile | Able to wear many hats to create innovative work. Switches gears with ease between production responsibilities and organizational duties. Comfortable leading the production process from time to time. Highly organized.
- Innovator | A creative maker. You have an insatiable creative curiosity. Quick on your feet but enjoy keeping the process in check whenever possible.
- Connector | A multitasker with excellent communication and problem solving skills who strives for executional excellence in support of bringing the team’s vision to life.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 2 years of line production experience, accounting, or finance background within an agency or production company preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with budgeting software, tracking invoices, managing talent and location releases, music and art buying licenses, reconciling and wrapping jobs with varying budgets.
- Post-production experience (including edit, color, VO record, music, mix, VFX).
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work within a cross-functional team.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.