Social Media Manager
Social Media Manager
Department: Media Services
Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a cross-functional Social Media Manager for our Seattle office. As Social Media Manager, you will develop paid social media plans that integrate into the overarching integrated channel strategy. You will collaborate closely with the Account Teams and Clients to develop an editorial calendar and brief Creative teams on the types of messages / assets needed to fulfill against the calendar. You are the voice of the Brand through your role as community manager.
The Social Media Manager reports to the Associate Media Director and is responsible for owned and paid social media strategy, planning, execution and optimization.
What you’ll do:
- Execute | Create briefing and planning deliverables that convey the strategy behind all recommendations, inclusive of Paid Media and Editorial Calendar. Manage the day-to-day execution of social media plans across platforms, with support from greater client team.
- Collaborate | Work closely with Strategy, Creative and Content development teams to develop and execute campaigns. Partner with the broader media planning team to incorporate paid social into larger media plans.
- Analyze | Perform campaign analysis directly relevant to optimization and / or planning and buying decisions. Contribute to campaign analytics and insights development.
- Engage | Participate in and / or lead client meetings. Exhibit thought leadership within the agency, with clients and in the industry.
Who you are:
- A Self-Starter | You are a highly strategic, detail-oriented self-starter who uses data to inform their decisions. You are able to prioritize tasks, manage time, and work collaboratively across Strategy, Creative, Account and Media teams.
- A Strong Communicator | You can effectively communicate with all members of the team and collaborate with industry professionals via social media to create a strong network.
- Fast Paced | You thrive in fast paced situations and can make quick judgment calls based on best practices, brand objectives, and insights.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing- it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 4 years' experience working in social media.
- Hands on experience planning and executing social media buys across platforms (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn experience required).
- Content marketing experience, inclusive of editorial calendar development.
- Highly strategic approach to campaign planning.
- Ability to create and articulate the strategy behind a paid social media plan.
- Understanding of social media management platforms (i.e. Sprout).
- Experience with community management, inclusive of responding to followers, growing follower count and overall engagement with the Brand.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.