Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is a seeking a Senior Strategist to unearth and articulate beautifully simple strategies that help inspire and guide our teams to the smartest work possible.
You know how to blend art and science to plan and help craft engaging social first consumer experiences, with a particular focus on the role of and power of social media.
You enjoy working with cross-functional teams to bring fully integrated multi-channel campaigns to life. You know how to work with data analytics teams to infuse quantitative data into strategies and recommendations. You're used to helping your media teams dig into detailed planning, at the same time as you're uncomplicating briefs for your creative teams.
In this role, you'll balance long-term client work with pitching and onboarding new business, so you're skilled at making the most of tight deadlines, and have a strong track record with both enterprise clients and consumer brands.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate | Work collaboratively with partners across the organization and with clients to support creative briefs and other strategic and planning deliverables.
- Innovation | Build expertise and innovation within the Seattle agency. Lead learning sessions, publish social media newsletters with updates, champion the creative and business potential of new technologies and fresh thinking about social media and content.
- Platform Knowledge | Demonstrate deep and insightful knowledge of mainstream and niche platforms. Maintain an extensive base of industry, retailer, brand, category and competitive knowledge. Perform primary and secondary research on industry trends, competitive analysis, and consumer insights. Use your expertise to build relationships directly with client partners.
- Be an Expert | Understand market landscapes, digital technology, paid media, emerging trends, and key consumer behaviors to develop content and channel strategies and implementation plans for industry leading content.
- Inspire | Create a business culture that motivates your cross-functional team to perform at the highest level.
Who you are:
- Passionate | Roll up your sleeves and to bring ideas to life.
- A Strong Communicator | You can develop, communicate and skillfully present Wunderman Thompson’s point-of-view on leading edge topics in content and social, as internal and external thought leadership and in contribution to client work and pitches.
- Big Picture Thinker | You believe that what we do and make matters – to our team, our clients and to people who experience our brand. And an equal belief that how we do it is as important as what we do.
- Curious | Able to learn and adapt to new technologies and trends.
- Ego-less | We all wear hats that need wearing- it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What You’ll Need:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working on social media and digital strategies grounded in analysis and creative insight.
- Deep appreciation for the importance of building meaningful brand experiences, and how to do so effectively.
- Experience leading strategic planning for national consumer and B2B brands grounded in analysis and creative insight.
- Experience designing and leading qualitative research of all kinds, such as interviews, focus groups, workshops and brainstorms.
- In-depth understanding of social media platforms, trends, and best practices, with a love of cutting-edge technology and pop culture.
- Ability to manage and control the practical foundations of social media campaigns: budgets; audience customization, primary research; client data; media integration.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.