Department: Data & Analytics
Location: Dallas, TX, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Director, Analytics who is intimately familiar with turning data into models for empowering clients and platforms in our Seattle office. The Director, Analytics considers themselves a passionately curious data science professional who thrives in fast-paced matrix environments, and the collaborative energy of the teams you work with. Your strengths lie in challenging organizations to think differently and helping your clients’ brands achieve their goals through uncovering trends and insights and finding the most efficient ways to impact their audiences through collaborative strategy development.
As Director, Analytics you will manage a small team, working collaboratively with other technology development teams. You are a strong individual contributor but will also work across the Strategy & Analytics team and executives within the company.
This role can be fully remote, from any US location.
What you’ll do:
- Lead | Guide Measurement strategy with a thorough understanding and experience of client business, attribution / measurement tools, and audience. Lead delivery of digital analytics projects and presents results to clients, delegating out input/output from internal and external teams and extending knowledge through teaching of problem-solving techniques.
- Workflow | Analyze qualitative and quantitative data to provide consultative insights that drive creativity and effectiveness. Provide on-going analytical support utilizing marketing mix modeling, forecasting and custom analytic approaches to address a wide variety of client issues including media and new products.
- Codify | Share methods and define new standards in best practices, package case studies while collaborating closely with client and internal teams to develop integrated measurement programs; inclusive of measurement strategy, data strategy, test-and-learn efforts, insight generation, and cross-channel storytelling that help drive business impact and optimize marketing efforts.
Who you are:
- A builder | You have an entrepreneurial attitude coupled with strong business acumen. You bring people together, with the innate ability to create gravity around ideas.
- An expert | You have outstanding knowledge of AI and machine learning, statistical modeling, state-of-the-art tools, and engineering best practices with a high attention to detail, data accuracy and quality of output.
- A thought leader | You are a highly collaborative and courageous thought leader willing to be the objective voice of data to the rest of the company. You love to learn new things, forge new areas of understanding, and enable other teams to manifest them.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | You dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Exemplify a “Yes and why not?” posture. You take care of self and team, with the balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 8 years prior agency or consulting experience in one of the following industries, Travel, Hospitality, Insurance, Healthcare, CPG, Retail or Telecom.
- BA/BS required, MBA/Masters degree required, in marketing, statistics, mathematics, economics or other quantitative discipline.
- Experience managing and coordinating multiple projects across client and internal teams working in a fast environment.
- Knowledge of statistical modeling techniques, segmentation, research, lifetime value, ROI analysis.
- Experience with SAS, SQL, web analytic tools, Excel, and Word, PowerPoint.
- Must be willing to travel up to 50%.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.