Department: Data & Analytics
Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking an Analytics Manager with a background in data, business marketing, and strategic analysis for our Seattle office. To be successful in this role, you must be able to thrive in a creative environment where collaboration, client service, intelligence and humor are a must. We work with a national client base in a wide array of industries. We provide keen insights based on data analysis that helps brands improve their online business. The core of this role revolves around extracting data, compiling reports and creating insightful presentations, and there will be many opportunities to work on a variety of projects.
What you’ll do:
- Execute | Manage and update new and recurring client reports delivered in a hybrid of Excel, Power BI, and PowerPoint.
- Process | Generate or create both a static and interactive excel report/dashboard for client’s performance
- Support | Support and follow best practices for data acquisition, cleansing, transformation, and front-end publishing.
- Analyze | Audit client data and develop, maintain, and improve documentation for common team processes and best practices.
- Collaborate | Work directly with Strategy, Media, and Creative teams on their reporting and analysis requests, as well as working with clients on test & learn projects including A/B and multivariate testing.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with strong business acumen. Offer proactive solutions and ensure successful progression without guidance. Identify business and marketing problems, industry drivers, competitive landscapes, and trends and apply insights to enable clients to compete efficiently.
- Motivated l Has a sense of urgency and is an adaptive self-starter with the ability to work across different initiatives. Has a high bar for quality, takes ownership and drives accountability across the organization.
- Team Player | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of ambiguity – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient l Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Exemplify a “Yes and why not?” posture. Maintain balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Excellent Communicator l Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to intake simple and complex problems, listen, find the appropriate solutions, and teach to internal and external teams why your solutions will work and why they continue to work (or need adapting) once implemented.
What you’ll need:
- All-around talent, you can think through a complex business problem and solve it.
- Bachelor’s degree required. BA/BS in a quantitative subject is preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in reporting and analyzing digital marketing efforts as they relate to the profitable acquisition of new customers and existing customers.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience analyzing data, drawing conclusions and making recommendations; consulting experience is a plus.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working with site analytics raw data (Google, Omniture etc.).
- Proficiency in advanced quantitative/statistical modeling, optimization techniques, etc.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems by leveraging multivariate data analysis.
- Experience with Big Data, web analytics, marketing analytics, online marketing and multi-channel marketing.
- Strong understanding of the concepts, terminology, and measurement issues in Web/Digital Analytics.
- Ability to mentor and communicate across departments in a team and matrix environment.
- Ability to organize people, projects and information.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex ideas to diverse audiences.
- Experience in R, Python or Hadoop a plus.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.