OTT Architect - Remote
OTT Architect - Remote
Wunderman Thompson Apps
Location: Austin, TX, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Apps (Formerly POSSIBLE Mobile) builds native apps for mobile devices in iOS, Android, and connected devices including Apple TV, Chromecast and Android TV. We are trusted by and have long lasting relationships with our clients including renowned brands like JetBlue, PGA Tour and Turner Sports. More than development, our team partners with our customers providing strategy, consulting, and business analytics from start to ship to ensure each app performs well and meets user needs.
Founded in 2008 as one of the first mobile consulting shops, we pride ourselves on continually being cutting-edge and place a high priority on staying in the forefront of technology. We are the mobile strategy, user experience, design, and development capabilities division of Wunderman Thompson, a creative, data and technology agency, part of the WPP portfolio.
By nature, we are visionaries, innovators and pioneers in the mobile space. We are built to inspire growth for our clients with breakthrough creativity that helps our clients succeed. If that describes you too, then by all means, get in touch—we’d love to work with you.
Who are we looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a remote OTT Technical Architect to join our team! You will be responsible for developing applications for large brands and even larger audiences across various connected devices. Our applications grace the featured sections of the App Store and Play Store and are being built with the latest systems and tools available to developers. For some examples of our work go to https://www.wundermanthompson.com/service/apps.
The ideal candidate will have specialized knowledge and experience in various connected devices such as FireTV and Roku as well as possess a proven awareness of instructional strategies for app development. This position requires strong leadership and an ability to bring structure to complex problems across multiple platforms. The most successful individual in this position will be one who can influence team execution across multiple platforms, and across function.
What you'll do:
- Architect | Builds hybrid mobile architectural models that are replicable and sustainable and defines architectural direction for project teams
- Streamline | Follow Wunderman Thompson Apps Style and Coding Guidelines. Review code for your peers.
- Collaborate | Work with a team of engineers, designers, QA, and project management to produce high quality projects for large brands that you know and use
- Lead | Oversee the work of technology leads/or application development processes to support client
- Problem solve | Collaborate and meet with the team to review status, identify potential blockers
Who you are:
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging. Evangelizes quality to team, colleagues, clients, and community
- Optimistic and Flexible | Dig in and figure out how to work creatively. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Innovative and adaptable | Keep up to date with evolving technologies and platforms. Implement processes and strategies that facilitate the growth of the practice. Embrace change and iteration.
What you'll need:
- Proficient developing apps for connected devices like Chromecast, FireTV, Roku, etc.
- Proficient working with API’s to advance app functionality
- Familiarity with Jira, Confluence tools
- Experience providing direction to lead developers
- Proficient explaining complex technical issues to non-technical clients
- Able to advocate for scope of work and resource needs
- Able to provide direction and troubleshoot project
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented work ethic with a willingness to challenge assumptions and shift gears.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.