Technical Architect - Remote
Technical Architect - Remote
Location: Denver, CO, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Apps (Formerly POSSIBLE Mobile) builds native apps for mobile devices on iOS, Android, and connected devices including Apple TV, Chromecast and Android TV. We are trusted by and have long lasting relationships with our clients including renowned brands like JetBlue, PGA Tour and Turner Sports. More than just development, our team partners with our customers providing strategy, consulting, and business analytics from start to ship to ensure each app performs well and meets user needs.
Founded in 2008 as one of the first mobile consulting shops, we pride ourselves on continually being cutting-edge and place a high priority on staying in the forefront of technology. We are the mobile strategy, user experience, design, and development capabilities division of Wunderman Thompson, a creative, data and technology agency, part of the WPP portfolio.
For some examples of our work go to https://www.wundermanthompson.com/service/apps.
By nature, we are visionaries, innovators, and pioneers in the mobile app space. We are built to inspire growth for our clients with breakthrough creativity that helps our clients succeed. If that describes you too, then by all means, get in touch—we’d love to work with you!
Who we’re looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Apps is seeking a remote Technical Architect to join our team! The Wunderman Thompson Apps Technical Architect oversees the projects, process, and practices for delivering top-notch apps across a variety of platforms.
This role is responsible for providing expert guidance to all levels up through Technology Lead, as well as to teams across disciplines and applications. This position provides an increased level of oversight for a diverse array of complex projects falling underneath lead developers.
They will also possess a proven awareness of instructional strategies for app development. This position requires strong leadership and an ability to bring structure to complex problems across multiple platforms. The most successful individual in this position will be one who can influence team execution across multiple platforms, and across function.
The Technical Architect also collaborates closely with other members of the project team, including platform leads, project managers, quality engineers, designers, and business analysts, to implement and deliver project features and releases.
You’ll work with developers who have been in app development since the beginning, designers who specialize in mobile, and clients who will look to you to be the app specialist for their organization.
What you’ll do:
- Architect | Build architectural models that are replicable and sustainable and define architectural direction for project teams.
- Collaborate | Work with a team of developers, designers, business analysts, QA, and project management to produce high-quality projects for large brands that you know and use.
- Deliver | Ship releases to users regularly and see your work go live early and often.
- Influence | Grow the development craft, define best practices, and build processes that can be shared across multiple teams.
- Lead | Oversee the work of technology leads and application development processes to support client.
- Mentor | Mentor developers and platform leads on your team and help them grow.
- Plan | Participate in planning for the future of your project, including estimating, scoping, and helping build a feature roadmap with your team and clients.
- Solve Problems | Come up with innovative solutions and approaches to brand new problems by utilizing brand new technologies.
Who you are:
- Builder | You love leveraging new technologies to build amazing products.
- Leader | You have the skills, experience, and acumen to lead a team to success.
- Problem Solver | You’re driven to keep finding solutions to interesting and challenging problems.
- Team Player | You thrive on working collaboratively with a diverse set of team members and are an effective communicator.
What you’ll need:
- At least 2 years of software architecture experience.
- At least 5 years of experience as a software engineer.
- Experience with tools such as Git, Jenkins, Charles Proxy, and Postman.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented work ethic with a willingness to challenge assumptions and shift gears.
- Able to provide direction to other developers up to the Lead level.
- Able to evaluate technologies brought forward from clients.
- Able to advocate for scope of work and resource needs.
- Able to assist peers in project troubleshooting.
- Ability to estimate upcoming scopes of work.
- BA/BS degree with a technology-related major or equivalent experience.
- Proficient explaining complex technical issues to non-technical clients.
Additional desirable skills:
- Experience architecting apps for video platforms such as Roku, Android TV, Fire TV, and Apple TV.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.