Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What will you be doing?
The Business Director takes full ownership for the success for our largest UK client. You own senior client relationships, oversee complex programmes of work and have a firm grasp on their commercials. You lead your teams and clients with excellent communication and collaboration skills at all times.
Armed with your experience and ability to strategically advise and inspire you drive our clients business forward, help them grow and of course, produce work to be proud of.
You will work closely with the Managing Partner in particular, to understand and shape your clients’ strategy, identify areas of opportunity and devise growth plans. You also oversee, manage and mentor one or multiple more junior team members and the financial management of your accounts.
You will be responsible for working across two divisions on one of our major clients, with a varied remit across brand, thought leadership, CRM & Martech partnering closely with project leads as well as discipline leads to manage the successful delivery of programmes of work and growth opportunities.
- Supporting wider Client Services Team
- Creating superb client relationship
- Delivering excellence at all time
- Taking commercial responsibility
- Managing challenges and resolutions
- Making work to be proud of
Who are you?
- A breadth of experience – understanding of full funnel digital campaign development and what drives effective results in B2B marketing
- Passionate about developing outstanding big ideas in B2B (which we believe need to be better)
- Tech & nurture driven – a passion for demand and the role technology plays to unlock this (some experience in ABM would be great)
- A understanding of customer communications and CRM
- Strategic and smart but also operational - understanding the vision for your accounts and know how to execute against it. Adept at unearthing client’s challenges you will be able to go into their business, gain respect and understanding and look at opportunities to both grow our relationship and provide a better experience, bring everyone on the journey with you.
- Solutions focused - you work well under pressure, keeping your cool when challenges arise and looking for resolutions. Not afraid to make the case for what you believe in, you speak convincingly and know how to get people excited about the work we do, and the opportunities ahead.
- A team player - we do everything we can to deliver the best experiences for our clients. That means developing deep and honest relationships with them, becoming trusted advisors, whilst inspiring and leading a client team of multi-disciplinary experts at times in multiple locations on projects to deliver on our commitments, and ensure everything we do exceeds expectations.
- A clear communicator - you will have a great communication style, as comfortable leading a workshop or pitching a proposal to senior leaders and mentoring internal members of the team in the basics of client services, everything you do will have clear outcomes, next steps and bring people on the journey with you.
What we can offer you:
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
Our focus is on keeping teams connected and engaged whether we're in the office or working from home, putting people’s wellbeing first, ensuring every person has access to our learning and development programme and building an inclusive workplace. We have a weekly ‘Staying Connected Calendar’ which is full to the brim of training you can get involved in, inspiration sessions hosted by external partners to check out and wellbeing classes and tips and tricks to look after your mind, body and soul. From yoga, Pilates, HIIT, hypnotherapy, a Strava cycling group, 1:1 resilience sessions and trained mental health first aiders. To name a few. Within our office we have a dedicated wellness studio and this year we built a brand new learning lab. Here we host weekly lunchtime lessons that supports iLearn, our learning & development portal home to 100s of sessions for you to access. We're also committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse workforce driven by our Inclusion Council and Employee Resource Groups; Roots, Green, Unite, Women @ WT, Families Network and culture club.
Your career development is important to us. Thrive will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations. There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Wunderman Thompson is a WPP agency. For more information, please visit our website and follow Wunderman Thompson on our social channels via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.