Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
We deliver world class communications, experiences and platforms, inspiring ambitious brands, like Bose, BT, HSBC, Duracell, Rolex, FIFA, Microsoft, Pets at Home, Nestlé and Specsavers.
We’re proud to have been voted Campaign’s Customer Engagement Agency of the Year for the last four years.
Joining WT represents a chance to create world-class experiences for some of the best brands out there, working closely with strategy, UI design, data and technology teams. We are looking for a true creator, with proven experience crafting meaningful and delightful digital products and services. This role is all about driving the direction and development of customer experiences that matter; from first party research to functional requirements.
We’re looking for someone passionate about all aspects of the user centred design process – auditing, researching and crystalising an execution– refining until every puzzle piece meets the highest standards of quality. You can’t wait to solve problems, come up with awesome ideas and obsess about the details.
This is a role for someone continually growing their development and leadership skills. Highly collaborative, you enjoy working in closely knit teams – pushing things just a little bit further. Not afraid to make the case for what you believe in, you work well under pressure, keeping your cool when the deadlines change. A natural with clients, you speak convincingly because you know exactly what you’re talking about – and just how to get people excited about the work we do.
What you’ll get up to
- Work with multidisciplinary teams on a range of products, designing experiences people want, need and love.
- Passion for people, with a proven ability to work across medium and large-scale engagements with several project tracks and teams from multiple organisations.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects with a great attitude, prioritising work and resources – even when timelines, budgets and availabilities change.
- Make the case for what you believe in, always advocating for the people who use our products.
- Work well under pressure, keeping your cool when the deadlines change.
- Get involved in workshops and presentations, developing relationships and working towards good outcomes.
- Be an expert, continually learning about people, design and technology, helping colleagues improve their design practice.
- Role model positive, progressive ways of working with all areas of the business – facilitating an environment to deliver quality at pace.
- Stay stubbornly curious.
You’ll likely have knowledge and expertise in these areas
- Supporting the creation of digital products and services; foremostly sitemaps and wireframes, but also customer and stakeholder research, expert assessment of key user flows, usability testing and advising on content.
- Effectively managing time within a project to facilitate the delivery of a digital product on budget and on time.
- Play a role in research and user testing activities; from in-person ethnographic studies to one-on-one user testing
- Where appropriate, help create user journeys, information hierarchies and experience design approaches (from sketches to oversight of final designs), in support of campaigns, new destination launches and ongoing improvement initiatives
- Where appropriate, brief teams and be the product owner for UI outputs
- Support the pitch process with concepts and creative as necessary
- Use analytics and other evaluation tools to help measure the impact of your strategies
- Presentation: Ability to craft and deliver engaging presentations that inspire audiences and drive results.
- Keynote & PowerPoint
What we can offer you:
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
Our focus is on keeping teams connected and engaged whether we're in the office or working from home, putting people’s wellbeing first, ensuring every person has access to our learning and development programme and building an inclusive workplace. We have a weekly ‘Staying Connected Calendar’ which is full to the brim of training you can get involved in, inspiration sessions hosted by external partners to check out and wellbeing classes and tips and tricks to look after your mind, body and soul. From yoga, Pilates, HIIT, hypnotherapy, a Strava cycling group, 1:1 resilience sessions and trained mental health first aiders. To name a few. Within our office we have a dedicated wellness studio and this year we built a brand new learning lab. Here we host weekly lunchtime lessons that supports iLearn, our learning & development portal home to 100s of sessions for you to access. We're also committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse workforce driven by our Inclusion Council and Employee Resource Groups; Roots, Green, Unite, Women @ WT, Families Network and culture club.
Your career development is important to us and should you ever choose to move on from Wunderman Thompson, we want you to be better than when you joined us. Thrive will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations. There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.