Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a VP of Strategy in our Seattle office. The VP of Strategy is held accountable for consistently exceptional strategy output and growing the financials of the business. This role is responsible for our overall strategic plan, providing direction on one of our most critical accounts, driving strategy on key pitches, and growing the discipline practice and teams. The VP of Strategy is a respected thought leader, a strong collaborator, a great presenter, and can motivate teams and clients effectively.
What you’ll do:
- Lead | Work closely with the Account and cross-functional leads to provide strategic direction for brands across the digital ecosystem.
- Advocate | Represent the creative strategy group to clients and other agencies and leverage our offerings to solve client problems.
- Develop | Establish methodologies for approaching major strategic issues by leveraging and standardizing existing practices.
- Architect | Create frameworks for all aspects of digital marketing and brand planning across various channels and platforms.
- Collaborate | Partner with creative and brand teams to create and update case studies each quarter that illustrate the compelling stories on our best work.
Who you are:
- Thought leader | A proven expert in research and strategic thinking, with the ability to write and champion strategies for global brands.
- Passionate | Possess an innate curiosity and drive to find compelling consumer insights.
- Innovative | Constantly searching for new ways of constructing effective and inspiring strategies.
- Ambitious | Demonstrate an entrepreneurial attitude coupled with strong business acumen.
- Motivator | Provide inspiration and be a champion of careers by leading a team of smart and ambitious people.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 15 years' overall experience, including traditional brand planning and digital marketing.
- Understanding of consumer trends affecting how brands communicate.
- Extensive experience with consumer insight driven brand strategy for large, global brands.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Experience working with C-level clients and across entire organizations.
- Experience across digital and traditional advertising, across multiple client sectors.
- Proven pitch track record of leading and winning 10mm+ global accounts.
- Great reputation and industry awards.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.