Associate Creative Director, Art
Associate Creative Director, Art
Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking an Associate Creative Director in our Seattle office, with a background in Art Direction and Design. The ACD partners with our internal and external stakeholders and partners to create engaging, memorable, results-oriented work in digital and a deep knowledge of how to integrate across all channels.
You’ll be responsible for conceptual thinking and creating a range of ideas for projects, delivering work for internal presentations and the end consumer. As an ACD you have a strong working knowledge of brand and product development, digital advertising, film, social media, interactive commerce and an overall knowledge of creative processes. You can inspire others to exceed expectations and strive to continually evolve and grow the brand/product’s look, feel and personality.
You will work closely with a diverse cross-discipline team and help lead creative efforts for a large national technology brand. You are obsessed with the role digital plays in the user journey and have experience pushing against the norms of digital ecosystems. You understand web design and how to push it into new territories to deliver world-class digital experiences. You understand consumer touchpoints across media and can think about both digital and physical experiences and the opportunities between them.
You will report to our Creative Director and be considered their “right hand”, stepping in to assist on large projects or platforms, mentoring, or as the sole lead on smaller projects. You are a master of design, who can also come up with the “big idea” with or without the help of a Copywriter/AD partner.
What you’ll do:
- Big idea thinking | Divergent thinking that leads to the creation of unique experiences across all existing and new channels that reach a particular audience.
- Client Facing | Regularly connects with the clients to create a partnership -- building trust in our thought leadership and ideas.
- Intersection of Data and Tech | Use data to develop multi-channel campaigns and experiences that successfully connect with the audience, through a predefined journey.
- Create | Generate highly effective creative concepts and provide exceptional art direction to a large team.
- Collaborate | Closely partner with your Account and Strategy counterparts. Successfully integrate into the larger team and be a positive force in creating a positive and inclusive work environment, and agency culture.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude. Ability and appetite to create bring people together. Possess an Innate knack to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable with ambiguity and encourage collaboration.
- An experimenter | Embrace the unknown and ready to break process. You’ll be excited by opportunities to create new rather than default to plugging-in to existing ones, while leaning towards experimentation. You see technology as a tool for creativity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 6 years of art direction and design leadership experience, with a minimum of 1 year experience leading teams and projects.
- Digital agency experience preferred.
- Interest and exposure to technology clients and their digital properties, tools and platforms.
- Understanding and appreciation of UX and Web Dev and Accessibility.
- Experience using data and technology to come up with innovative brand experiences.
- Portfolio showing excellent use of creative and conceptual capabilities.
- Demonstrated leadership, ability to manage multiple accounts, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience effectively translating & presenting strategy to creative executions to clients and potential clients.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.