Account Executive / IMsci
Account Executive / IMsci
Department: Client Services
Location: Stamford, CT, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
International Meetings and Science (IMsci), a division of Wunderman Thompson Health, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers medical education strategies.
Who we are looking for:
International Meetings and Science (IMsci), a division of Wunderman Thompson Health, is seeking an Account Executive to join the team in our Stamford, CT office. This is a "Temp-to-Perm" opportunity. The Account Executive (AE) builds and strengthens internal and Client relationships, working with the account team to provide sound and responsible client counsel. The AE also assumes financial responsibilities and supports team as necessary.
What you’ll do:
- Manage | Manage client projects from initiation to completion under supervision. Oversee creative execution and ensure adherence to client identity/corporate guidelines. Manage and maintain weekly client status reports and conduct weekly status meetings. Maintain overall quality control.
- Collaborate | Coordinate with the team in developing projects and promotional plans. Participate in writing creative briefs and ensure briefs are followed by all team members. Assist the team in analyzing data and creating budgets with minimal supervision. Assist team in managing and analyzing finances. Build agency and client relationships.
- Process | Prepare timelines and contact reports. Track and manage team hours and out-of-pocket expenses.
Who you are:
- Growth-Minded | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with strong business acumen. Successful track record of building client relationships. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas. Provide a consultative, conscientious and rigorous approach to increase our client's competitive advantage.
- Team Player | Our team is close-knit and supportive, and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Problem Solver | Ensure quality control by reviewing agency products including: creative work, financial analyses, key client communications, key schedules, creative strategies, and strategic decks. Assist with day-to-day account problem solving by providing guidance to junior team and raising issues and solutions to senior team. Dig in and figure out how to work around problems.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing. It’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What You’ll Need:
- Minimum of 1 year or more of advertising or related experience.
- Passionate about the medical education/communication business.
- Financial aptitude to develop and manage project budgets.
- Solid organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Understanding of the agency process.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.