Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Apps (Formerly POSSIBLE Mobile) builds native apps for mobile devices in iOS, Android, and connected devices including Apple TV, Chromecast and Android TV. We are trusted by and have long lasting relationships with our clients including renowned brands like JetBlue, PGA Tour and Turner Sports. More than development, our team partners with our customers providing strategy, consulting, and business analytics from start to ship to ensure each app performs well and meets user needs.
Founded in 2008 as one of the first mobile consulting shops, we pride ourselves on continually being cutting-edge and place a high priority on staying in the forefront of technology. We are the mobile strategy, user experience, design, and development capabilities division of Wunderman Thompson, a creative, data and technology agency, part of the WPP portfolio.
By nature, we are visionaries, innovators and pioneers in the mobile space. We are built to inspire growth for our clients with breakthrough creativity that helps our clients succeed. If that describes you too, then by all means, get in touch—we’d love to work with you.
Who are we looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a remote Quality Engineer to join our team! You will be responsible for testing applications for large brands and even larger audiences across various platforms. Our applications grace the featured sections of the App Store and Play Store and are being built with the latest systems and tools available to developers. For some examples of our work go to https://www.wundermanthompson.com/service/apps.
What you'll do:
- Create | Test strategies/plans for overall project and execute manual test cases for regression and sprint level testing and automated test suites, and/or adding and updating existing test automation code.
- Lead | Provide guidance and support to QA Analysts
- Collaborate |Participate in all Scrum activities and work with team of engineers, designers, QE, and project management to produce high quality projects for large brands that you know and use
Who you are:
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging. Evangelizes quality to team, colleagues, clients, and community
- Optimistic and Flexible| Dig in and figure out how to work creatively. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Innovative and adaptable | Keep up to date with evolving technologies and platforms. Implement processes and strategies that facilitate the growth of the practice. Embrace change and iteration.
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience testing software both manually and executing automated test scripts.
- Experience working in an Agile environment with a strong understanding of Scrum ceremonies.
- Ability to think through complex testing scenarios critically and creatively.
- Experience managing testing efforts across multiple projects effectively:
- Able to coordinate test efforts where necessary.
- Able to onboard efficiently.
- Experience documenting, validating, and verifying defect/bug fixes.
- Proficient with defect/bug tracking tools (Jira etc.).
- Proficient with proxy tools (Fiddler, Proxyman, Charles).
- Ability to write concise defect/bug reports.
- Intermediate knowledge of programming languages relevant to WTA (Swift, Java, React Native, Kotlin).
- Knowledge and experience navigating IDEs (Android Studio, Xcode, Eclipse, IntelliJ).
- Mobile test experience is a must:
- Fundamental understanding of simulators and emulators.
- Ability to side load app onto device.
- Ability to retrieve app and test locally.
- Experience with version control systems (Git):
- Fundamental knowledge of branching and merging strategies.
- Able to clone, create, and work within project repo.
- Basic understanding of CMD, scripting commands.
- Ability to write automated tests using Selenium or another contemporary test automation framework.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.
Wunderman Thompson is a WPP agency. For more information, please visit our website and follow Wunderman Thompson on our social channels via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram.
We rely on legitimate interest as a legal basis for processing personal information under the GDPR for purposes of recruitment and applications for employment.