Location: Atlanta, GA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Content Strategist to work on the Atlanta office's largest client and help support the success of a new mobile application for the brand. As the digital ecosystem becomes more fragmented and consumer needs more personalized, Content Strategists define what should be created and when – based on business objectives, value to the consumer, cultural relevance, and competitive assessments – and determine where and in what form this content should live and how it will find an audience. They develop content-driven ideas across a range of media including web, social, mobile, live events, branded entertainment, and media integrations.
What you’ll do:
- Support | Guide and develop enterprise content plans that build off a brand messaging strategy by partnering closely with a cross-functional team to ensure adherence to digital and SEO best practices.
- Develop | Produce channel-specific digital plans that build off a brand messaging strategy for ongoing and real-time efforts. Identify unique opportunities for content to reach new audiences including new websites, social networks, technologies, resources, stories, and memes.
- Communicate | Provide strategic rationale for new content opportunities across all digital and social channels. Serve as an educator to train other disciplines in how to create channel-specific content. Partner with the analytics team to uncover content insights and optimizations. Collaborate with other departments as needed including communications strategy, brand planning, analytics, development teams from The Gorilla Group, and the Wunderman Thompson Apps team.
- Organize | Collect and publish content in real-time at small footprint collection efforts as needed. Devise creative solutions to editorial challenges. Support measurement and optimization plans. Ensure content and governance standards are met across channels.
Who you are:
- Eager | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive, and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Digs in and figures out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Maintains balance of stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing- it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- 3+ years of experience in advertising, marketing or journalism.
- Previous experience supporting or leading content strategy for a mobile application preferred.
- Content marketing/SEO familiarity.
- Research, including outside the box thinking on how to locate and verify information.
- Development of “big idea” stories, features and narratives.
- Ability to internalize and implement a strong brand voice.
- Understanding of social media platforms and how to appropriately write for them.
- Strong grasp of grammar, detail-oriented.
- Ability to prioritize multiple concurrent deadlines.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.