Department: Client Services
Location: Stamford, CT, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
International Meetings and Science (IMsci), a division of Wunderman Thompson Health, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers medical education strategies.
Who we are looking for:
IMsci is seeking an Account Supervisor to join the team in our Stamford, Connecticut office. The Account Supervisor (AS) serves as the authority and partner to their assigned client accounts for the company’s medical education products or services ensuring that all projects are progressing as needed, identifying additional client needs, and selling in new projects and services to meet those needs.
As an Account Supervisor you will be primarily responsible for the day-to-day servicing of the client business with a strong focus on executional excellence. You will work on multiple account teams, with different managers, and for various clients/brands. In addition, you will be expected to engage your junior account team to assist in the planning and development of deliverables. In this position, you must ensure you and the team deliver quality projects that are on-time and within budget.
What you’ll do:
- Manage | Ensure team is adhering to internal processes (ie, server filing, status reports and tracking, client communication documents, time sheet submission, editorial submissions, etc). Understand current and future deliverables and set timelines and expectations for successful execution of projects. Establish a presence on the team through flawless execution, asking questions, volunteering for new experiences, making suggestions, and mentoring junior team members. Understand the requirements of a variety of medical education projects and share your knowledge with junior team members. Interact with and schedule services provided by outside vendors. Develop good working relationships with key opinion leaders. Engage with the client through clear written communications and participation in live meetings. Keep your manager informed of client activity/issues/opportunities. Get involved in brand planning and strategy sessions. Learn about the therapeutic markets to which the brands belong and proactively stay abreast of market trends and new product entries. Assist in the preparation of new business pitches and use them as a tool to further develop your presentation and strategic thinking skills.
- Create | Participate in the development of breakthrough creative and innovative programs. Review materials to ensure high-quality agency output, reflective of consistently superior creative and innovative products and offer your opinions to the account team. Teach junior staff how to evaluate and comment on creative work. Identify new talent and technologies we can work with to support the creative needs for brands.
- Financial Acumen | Understand the impact of underperforming accounts. Ensure all team members are accurately booking hours to projects and engage in discussions about the need to run a financially healthy account.
Who you are:
- Open and Collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive, and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Problem solver | Ensure quality control by reviewing agency products including: creative work, key client communications, key schedules, creative strategies, and strategic decks. Assist with day-to-day problem-solving by providing guidance to freelancers and raise issues and solutions to senior team. Dig in and figure out how to work around problems.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree (advertising, marketing, or science major is preferred).
- Minimum of 3 years as a senior account manager with experience in executing medical education programs.
- Strong executional skills.
- Passionate about the medical education/communication business.
- Effective written and oral communications skills.
- Experience training junior staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills.
- Exercises sound judgment.
- Manages time effectively and good multi-tasker.
- Strong professional work ethic.
- Displays a willingness to work overtime, travel, and attend off-hour events, etc.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.