Digital Catalog Specialist
Digital Catalog Specialist
Wunderman Thompson Commerce
Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Commerce, a division of Wunderman Thompson, is the leading strategy consultancy focused on helping brands and retailers grow their business on Amazon and other online retailers and marketplaces. We are relentlessly data-driven and use research and ongoing impact analysis to identify immediate and long-term strategic growth levers for clients. We’ve worked with more than 400 brands, representing more than 2 million SKUs and $2 billion in annual retail sales.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Commerce is seeking a Digital Catalog Specialist who will support the team in a wide variety of functions including client service and support, content services, and new business development. You should be self-driven, detailed oriented, able to multi-task and shift gears and adapt to a wide variety of projects covering all aspects of ecommerce. You should also have a passion to dive into data, solve problems, and improve on existing processes.
We are open to remote locations**
What you’ll do:
- Client| Deliver excellent client service by achieving results in a prompt, error-free, and professional fashion. Maintain a digital catalog for clients utilizing Vendor Central, including item set up, product updates, and troubleshooting exception workflows.
- Process| Identify and develop internal process improvements to improve individual and team throughput. Audit work completed to ensure accuracy and completeness; recommend process improvements to minimize errors. Have a strong attention to detail along with editing and proofreading skills.
- Team| Coordinate with key stakeholders including client managers, clients, and operations managers on a dynamic set of deliverables. Participate in cross-training activities to expand your own and the team’s knowledge and experience. Maintain strong and productive working relationships with key internal and external partners.
Who you are:
- eCommerce expert | You’ve spent minimum of 2 years successfully working in catalog/content management or product maintenance. Worked within eCommerce or with Amazon - Vendor Central experience a must, Variation(s) experience is preferred.
- Data driven | You’ve utilized Excel for data analysis and reporting; including VLOOKUP and conditional formatting.
- Process oriented | You are able to ruthlessly prioritize competing deliverables in a dynamic environment. Process improvement background is preferred.
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 3 years of eCommerce experience – must have a strong understanding of eCommerce and customer experience principles.
- Ability and interest in thriving in a fast-paced, startup like environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to creatively solve tough problems – you think outside the box and are determined to fix issue.
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work well with others while managing multiple stakeholders.
- Comfort with the learning curve/constant change that comes with operating in the fast-moving, ever-changing world of eCommerce.
- Unafraid to ask questions and constantly learn.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.