Location: Austin, TX, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Performance Marketing is seeking a Copywriter to join our team to support a key client in the healthcare space. In this role we’re seeking a digital-first copywriter who can meet at the intersection of creativity and data to develop copy that drives readers to action. Do you thrive on fast turnarounds and variety of deliverables? Do you geek out on writing headlines and subject lines (and of course body content) that turns heads and makes people click?
Besides being a fantastic marketing and content writer, the ideal candidate is flexible, efficient, highly detailed, and deadline-driven. They have a keen understanding of the type of content that fulfills on business objectives and client expectations. Every good idea comes down to the right messaging, and that responsibility falls largely on the shoulders of the writer.
What you’ll do:
- Create I First, second, and third you’ll be creating great copy for your clients across channels (online and off). Content that meets brand standards for voice/tone, audience, and performance.
- Juggle | You’ll be working on multiple projects across different client business units and across multiple channels and audiences – potentially simultaneously.
- Collaborate | Work hand in hand with other team members to ensure final deliverables combine your copy and the designer's vision for flawless execution against a brief.
Who you are:
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging, especially working cross-discipline.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Provide a balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum 2 years of agency or freelance experience with a large brand.
- Strong healthcare background preferred (even better with knowledge of dialysis or kidney health).
- A portfolio that showcases content capabilities across channels (digital and traditional).
- Experience writing for multiple audiences (writing patient-facing copy is priority but experience writing to healthcare provider [HCP] audiences preferred).
- Ability to write to brand voice/tone, including across all reading levels.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment with visual creatives, account and strategy.
- Ability to accept constructive internal and/or client comments regarding concepts and copy.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.