Department: Data & Analytics
Location: Dallas, TX, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking an Analyst that will support our mission as a trusted and savvy business intelligence partner to deliver rich data and analytics to our clients for insights and tracking of their most critical eCommerce initiatives and KPIs. This role focuses on data acquisition, cleansing, and merging from multiple online data sources that feed client reporting and deeper analysis through our online integrated dashboards and Excel-based reporting. Our BI products and services serve both internal and external stakeholders with reporting that leverages our eCommerce data domain expertise delivered with trust, transparency, and consistency. In addition to having well-honed analytical skills, the Analyst must be a quick technical learner and self-starter able to manage and prioritize multiple/recurring assignments for multiple client reporting deliverables each week, while also seeking new technical solutions to enhance and further integrate these multiple suites of performance reporting.
What you’ll do:
- Execute | Manage and update new and recurring client reports delivered in a hybrid of Excel and Power BI reporting.
- Process | Generate or replicate excel reporting for client’s business performance across brands and channels and create and manage both static and interactive dashboards that align with approved client deliverables.
- Support | Support and follow best practices for data acquisition, cleansing, transformation, and front-end publishing.
- Analyze | Audit client data including operations/supply chain, catalog assortment, content, and marketing performance and develop, maintain, and improve documentation for common team processes and best practices.
- Collaborate | Work directly with Marketing, Media, Content, Operations, and Business Development teams on their reporting and analysis requests, as well as working with clients on test & learn projects including A/B and multivariate testing.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with strong business acumen. Offer proactive solutions and ensure successful progression without guidance. Identify business and marketing problems, industry drivers, competitive landscapes, and trends and apply insights to enable clients to compete efficiently.
- Motivated l Has a sense of urgency and is an adaptive self-starter with the ability to work across different initiatives. Has a high bar for quality, takes ownership and drives accountability across the organization.
- Team Player | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient l Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Exemplify a “Yes and why not?” posture. Maintain balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Detail Oriented l Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 1 year as an advanced Excel user including experience with data models, excel macros, VBA, or Power Query.
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing or updating online interactive dashboards preferably in Power BI.
- General experience and aptitude for running SQL/SAS/R/Python queries.
- Strong prioritization skills with ability to deliver against multiple reporting deadlines each week.
- Strong communication skills to translate data-specific issues, impacts, and interpret requirements across multiple teams and stakeholders.
- Experience with data management and reporting in relevant industries including eCommerce, digital marketing, content analytics, and supply chain operations.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.