Wunderman Thompson Health
Location: Washington, DC, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Health, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers print, digital and television broadcast media, medical education, sales force presentations and managed access strategies.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Health is seeking a Copywriter to join the team in our Washington, DC office. This is a "Freelance" opportunity and it is fully remote. This role will share responsibility with an art director and requires the ability to concept a core idea for any given assignment and/or campaign. The creative team translates this idea through the written tone into a finished ad for digital and print media. Our creative teams strive to create award-winning work.
What you’ll do:
- Create | Create and communicate concepts by applying brand level awareness as well as campaign tactics. Develop the written tone and feel of advertising to be executed in various media. Offer strategic and innovative solutions, add/contribute to client meetings, present creative work. Create and document final written decks. Secure approval for all work from the ACD or CD for specific assignments. Read, interpret, and act as an expert in clinical data.
- Collaborate | Partner with Art Director for the timely development and execution of campaigns and projects, including the concepting, execution, referencing and annotating of final deliverables. Collaborate with Account Services to understand client goals, strategy, and feedback. Contribute concepts/ideas to new business pitches, pro-bono, and in-house projects.
- Participate | Present creative in internal meetings. Participate in client meetings, presentations, and other client contact as necessary.
Who you are:
- Thinker | Perform strategic and creative thinking to create innovative solutions across multiple channels.
- Researcher | Proactively research information as pertains to your projects.
- Partner | Work closely with Editorial Team (if applicable), Account Services counterpart and other cross-functional teams to ensure all projects meet client and regulatory specifications.
What you’ll need:
- Demonstrated writing and concepting ability including the ability to write quickly (i.e. in a fast-paced environment), i.e. a portfolio with successfully launched client projects.
- Effective communication, presentation, negotiation, time management, leadership, and line management skills preferred.
- Ability to develop competitive communication strategies (e.g. “how to sell against competitors”).
- Comfort with or an educational focus in science preferred.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat.
- Demonstrated business acumen, ability to be a team player, establish an information hierarchy and work self-directed/independently.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in English preferred or related field, is preferred.
- Experience: Minimum of 1 year experience in Advertising or related field preferred.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.