Technical Program Manager - Remote
Technical Program Manager - Remote
Location: Atlanta, GA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Founded in 2008 as one of the first mobile consulting shops, we pride ourselves on continually being cutting-edge and place a high priority on staying in the forefront of technology. We are the mobile strategy, user experience, design, and development capabilities division of Wunderman Thompson, a creative, data and technology agency, part of the WPP portfolio.
By nature, we are visionaries, innovators and pioneers in the mobile space. We are built to inspire growth for our clients with breakthrough creativity that helps our clients succeed. If that describes you too, then by all means, get in touch—we’d love to work with you.
Who are we looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Apps is seeking a remote Technical Program Manager to join our team! You will be responsible for managing the development of mobile applications for large brands and even larger audiences. Our applications grace the featured sections of the App Store and Play Store and are being built with the latest systems and tools available to developers. For some examples of our work go to https://www.wundermanthompson.com/service/apps.
The Technical Program Manager is responsible for providing expert guidance to all levels up through Technology Lead, as well as to teams across disciplines and applications. This position provides an increased level of oversight for a diverse array of complex projects falling underneath lead developers to identify technical impacts on the organization as they relate to business requirements. The ideal candidate will have specialized knowledge and experience in Android and/or iOS platforms and possess a proven awareness of instructional strategies for mobile development. They define strategies, regularly participate in executive meetings to present their progress, and share project information with other professionals in their organization. This position requires strong leadership and an ability to bring structure to complex problems across multiple platforms. The most successful individual in this position will be one who can influence team execution across multiple platforms, and across function.
What you'll do:
- Architect | Build mobile architectural models that are replicable and sustainable and defines architectural direction for project teams
- Collaborate | Work with a team of engineers, designers, QA, and project management to produce high-quality projects for large brands that you know and use
- Lead | Responsible for leading the delivery of features and shipping of the Android and iOS apps. Oversees technical project documentation efforts (both from a holistic view, and auditing the platform documentation)
- Problem solve | Collaborate and meet with the team to review status, identify potential blockers and propose solutions to technical constraints using their technical expertise and experience, as well as provide expertise for escalated quality problems, and anticipate bottlenecks in the development cycle.
- Plan | Lead technical scoping and estimating exercises to plan future bodies of development work, either for existing clients and projects, or as a part of new business efforts. Also build development plans and schedules for the delivery of app releases.
- Influence | Work with clients to guide their technical roadmap of future releases, new apps, technology integrations, etc. Also work with external teams to influence architectural approaches and direction across the entire system.
- Support | Oversee support and maintenance of production apps, including overseeing response efforts when production issues are raised.
- Streamline | Follow Wunderman Thompson Apps Style and Coding Guidelines. Review code for your peers.
Who you are:
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging. Evangelizes quality to team, colleagues, clients, and community.
- Optimistic and Flexible | Dig in and figure out how to work creatively. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Innovative and adaptable | Keep up to date with evolving technologies and platforms. Implement processes and strategies that facilitate the growth of the practice. Embrace change and iteration.
- Technical | Able to dive into the technical details, ensure that development approaches are sound, and guide teams through technical issue resolutions.
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 6 years of Mobile Delivery experience with a high-level technical understanding of iOS and Android development.
- Expert understanding in all parts of the backend systems that the iOS and Android platforms may integrate with.
- Experience providing direction to lead developers.
- Able to advocate for scope of work and resource needs.
- Able to provide direction and troubleshoot project.
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented work ethic with a willingness to challenge assumptions and shift gears.
- Must be able to understand the Activity lifecycle and know what the various states require a developer to do.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.