Location: Orange County, CA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Orange County is seeking a Senior Copywriter who will be responsible for supervising and guiding the overall creative effort of projects as assigned. This role shares responsibility with a senior art director and requires the ability to concept a core idea. In this role, you craft big ideas and then push them relentlessly to fruition, inspiring all around you with your speed, grit and obsessive attention to detail. Your talent goes without saying, but you bring it to bear in a manner that is uniquely Wunderman Thompson: low on ego, big on laughs, collaborative, respectful, and professional.
To be considered for this role, you must submit an online portfolio or PDF of your work.
***An important NOTE on location and REMOTE options:
While this role is based out of our Costa Mesa office, work can be done remotely for strong qualified candidates, but have to be local due to client considerations and location.
Candidates local to Orange County will ideally be aligned with a hybrid work model that combines working remotely from home and working on-site in our Costa Mesa office. This approach allows us to offer the flexibility of remote work on some days, while also offering the opportunity for the in-person collaboration that many of our team members have missed. Thank you!
What you’ll do:
- Thinker | Perform strategic and creative thinking to create innovative solutions across multiple channels.
- Researcher | Proactively research information as it pertains to your projects. Maintain awareness of competitor projects in the marketplace.
- Craft | Juggle many projects and campaigns simultaneously. Conceptualize new campaign ideas and tactics based on established brand voice and tone.
- Collaborate | Partner with the art directors for the timely development and execution of campaigns and projects, including the concepting and execution of final deliverables. Team up with account services to understand client goals, strategy, and feedback. Serve as a respected mentor to your team to execute interactive projects and tackle deadlines.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude couple with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum 5 years of advertising copywriting experience required.
- Experience writing in the healthcare industry is preferred.
- Must have a portfolio demonstrating the creativity required to present ideas, words, and visualizations that will intelligently represents clients’ needs.
- Must have demonstrated conceptual ability.
- Experience across all media.
- Ability to present and defend ideas effectively.
- Ability to talk about/sell your work internally and to clients.
- Ability to listen and understand client feedback and feedback from internal critiques.
- A command of language, grammar and the written word.
- Ability to create and execute your ideas in an efficient, organized way.
- Possess leadership and team building skills.
- Intellectually curious with energy, initiative and drive to succeed.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.