Associate Director, Resource Management
Associate Director, Resource Management
Location: New York, NY, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking an Associate Director of Resource Management (RM) who will act as a guide to employees, leadership, and executives across the organization for our NY Headquarters to create a collaborative and inclusive employee experience through building diverse project teams—and supporting those teams in doing the best work of their lives.
In collaboration with other discipline leaders, you will be responsible for building and executing the short- and long-term resourcing strategy for WT NY. Having a deep understanding of the organization's people, work, and business, you will help teams find balance between ambition (delivering exceptional world-class work for our clients), the need for flexibility (supporting an ever-evolving landscape), and stability (standardization and delivering operational results).
What you’ll do:
- Matchmaking | Establish and govern resource request process from practice leads, office RMs and client leads to staff all projects and client teams. Understand skills and aptitude needs and match resources to best fit the client, individual staff, and business goals. Troubleshoot resourcing conflicts and offer creative solutions while considering other internal resources, other office availabilities, contractors, and costs to the business.
- Resource Profiling | In anticipation of the Workday launch, partner with practice leads, HR and Talent teams to identify a skills matrix for each practice that will ultimately serve improved resource management in the future.
- Staffing | Provide cost-conscious staffing solutions, optimizing margins & enabling revenue sharing, as well as partner with talent team on full-time and freelance talent through platforms and network.
- Data Management & Reporting | Provide utilization & capacity reporting, identifying data trends & risk mitigation strategies.
Who you are:
- Strategic | Able to articulate a vision and direction that is in service of the broader business, identify trends and issues, proactively devise solutions, and can unify others around a common purpose and goal.
- Problem Solver | Troubleshoots resourcing conflicts and offers creative solutions while considering other internal resources, other office availabilities, contractors and costs to the business.
- Thorough Communicator | Builds relationships with RMs throughout NA, and with practice leads and client leads. Understands the needs of a business in order to drive success. Executes those decisions clearly and efficiently.
- Initiator | Insatiable curiosity, a desire to learn from and with others, and a sense of humor. Follows up with tenacity to achieve goals.
What you’ll need:
- A minimum of 5 years of resource management pr project management experience, preferably in a marketing or creative agency environment.
- Related recruiting or staffing experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to handle simultaneous tasks and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
- Knowledge of standard office software applications including resource monitoring software such as Workfront, with moderate skills in Excel, Outlook, Word and PowerPoint.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.