Copywriter (REMOTE Option)
Copywriter (REMOTE Option)
Location: Los Angeles, CA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
***An important NOTE on location and REMOTE options:
While this role is based out of our Los Angeles office, work can be done remotely for strong qualified candidates. However, due to client considerations and workflow reasons only candidates who are local to the U.S. Pacific or Mountain time zones can be considered. Please only apply if you are local to these areas.
At this time the intention for candidates local to LA will be to choose between working remotely or opting for a hybrid work model that combines working from home and working on-site in our LA office (near the Playa Vista area.) Thank you!
Who we are looking for:
As a Copywriter, you have an inventive mind, a finely-tuned ear, and stellar writing skills. You know how to strike a balance between capturing a brand’s voice and exploring fresh ideas that can give it life. Above all, you’re curious and collaborative, eager for feedback, and excited to build something big with your team.
In this role, you’ll write clear engaging copy (surprise surprise), flexing in tone, style and form to craft compelling advertising for digital channels and beyond. You’ll develop and refine creative concepts that make the most of strategic insights and push client expectations. You will collaborate across diverse teams of creative, strategy and account stakeholders and present work to clients incorporating feedback along the way. You will also be required to have fun.
What you’ll do:
- Innovate| Create interactive concepts and campaigns.
- Translate | Capture brand voice in interactive marketing materials including site copy, emails and banner ads. Be the voice for your team.
- Craft | Manage several projects/campaigns at a time.
- Collaborate | Serve as a respected mentor to your team to execute interactive projects and tackle deadlines.
- Energize | Spearhead client presentations and reviews, and work with team to achieve results.
Who you are:
- A Builder | Builds relationships as a trustworthy and essential team lead, and across relevant markets, regions, and businesses; easily recognized and trusted within the agency.
- Curious | Continuously re-imagines how to partner with clients to build better futures for their business; pro-actively seeks out new opportunities and lateral ideas to solve clients’ biggest business issues.
- Creatively Brave | Passionate about the power of creativity with the knowledge to identify and nurture the best ideas. Adapts to solve clients’ challenges.
- Visionary | Energizes and inspires creative team by communicating a compelling client vision, playing a part in the development of team members.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a professional writing role
- A growing portfolio that demonstrates your copywriting depth and range
- Solid experience with writing and presenting software
- An ability to manage your own time and workload with assistance from your project managers
- The capability to work independently and as part of a team
- A familiarity with entrepreneurial and tech-driven creative environments
- A working knowledge of best practices for common digital marketing communications
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.