Department: New Business
Location: Atlanta, GA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Atlanta is seeking for a Group Director of Strategic Growth. In this key leadership role, you will be responsible for growing Wunderman Thompson’s strategic partnerships and revenue with both new and existing clients, while working to develop industry leading best-practices. Your main areas of focus are to drive net new business and expansion of existing business.
You will maintain top-level, strategic relationships and help to inspire our prospects as they transform their businesses. You will be responsible for driving overall prospect satisfaction and collaborating with key team members across disciplines to deliver the highest quality work. You are a proven leader, expert storyteller and relentless entrepreneur.
What you’ll do:
- Lead | Direct new business efforts partnering with the Atlanta and North America leadership team to drive business development initiatives across the agency. Identify key talent and resources to support the sales efforts. Oversee the strategy of our pursuits and the filters and criteria for pursuit. Comfort in leading both proactive and reactive opportunities including building a pipeline of relationships with key prospects.
- Develop and Grow | Ensure that Business Development efforts not only achieve our revenue goals but also generate work that is creatively brilliant, measurable and has a cultural impact. Inspire creative, strategy and other disciplines to deliver highest quality work. Ability to push back when needed with leadership, challenge teams to ensure the work stays on strategy.
- Create | Maintain monthly calendar of new business activity and case study database, including writing case studies in both presentation and prose format.
Who you are:
- A builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together and to inspire collaboration and highest quality outcomes. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas. High threshold for fast paced work and momentum around seeking opportunities. Innate curiosity to learn people, work, capabilities and processes within a large organization and holding company.
- Creative | Appreciative of and deeply driven by creative work and perspectives. A believer in the power of storytelling and ideas to inspire people and brands.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive, and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Digs in and figures out how to work around problems. Takes care of self and team. Maintains balance of stamina and positivity.
- Connected | Holds an existing network of senior client contacts with a track record of quickly establishing the right kind of key relationships.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 10 years of client services/account management experience in a creative agency with minimum of 4 years spent specifically in Business Development.
- Passion for building relationships that result in new, profitable revenue opportunities.
- Proven ability to negotiate Statements of Work and contracts – effectively forecasting and scoping work with teams in close collaboration with Project Management.
- Experience across digital product design, CX, technology, traditional advertising and brand development across multiple client sectors.
- Proven pitch track record of leading and winning $5mm+ domestic and global accounts, including “in room” pitch leadership and presence.
- Outstanding ability to lead, convince and inspire in a prospecting environment: superior listening, interviewing, meeting facilitation, presentation and writing skills.
- Experience and a proven approach to building top-to-top relationships that result in new, profitable revenue opportunities.
- Proven ability to navigate and leverage partners at scale (working with WPP partners agencies).
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.