Programme Manager (perm role)
Programme Manager (perm role)
Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Technology applies technology to lay the foundations for this growth. We design, build, manage and run the complex technology ecosystems that give organisations the technical capabilities that fuel their growth. And we don’t just build the technology, we help them to work in new ways to get the most out of it, so they can focus on putting their customers at the heart of the experience. We provide an end-to-end service across three core capabilities; customer acquisition, customer experience and commerce.
We’re looking for a Programme Manager with strong HANDS ON technical delivery and consultative skills. The successful candidates must show a track record of working in complex client environments, with multiple stakeholders on large scale digital transformation programmes. You will act as a focal point, coordinating cross-functional teams to deliver solutions and capabilities that provide business benefit and value for our clients. You’ll have demonstrable experiences working with 3rd parties, other agencies and business stakeholders.
Experience, skills & qualifications:
- Significant experience in an agency or consultancy background is essential
- Strong core project/programme management core skills (e.g. risk assessment, planning, estimating, dependency appreciation, programme roadmap management and reporting)
- Demonstrable experience with strategy-led engagements and a strong grasp of delivering against business objectives and outcomes
- Recent experience of running large scale web build projects, ideally using AEM or Sitecore (e.g. budget 1m +)
- Demonstrable experience of working with complex integrations e.g. Ecommerce
- Client management skills coupled with the ability to coordinate the work of several development teams, led by Project Managers with a group of wider stakeholders and other teams within the business to deliver a world-class web experience
- Ability to manage conflict and ambiguity
- Savvy in broad and sophisticated digital ecosystems (CMS, analytics, Digital Asset Management, CRM, Social Media etc.)
- Delivery experience within large, complex organizations working with multiple vendors, onsite and offsite teams
- Experience of working with high profile global brands
- Client facing with good presentation skills and ability to raise and manage issues
- Ability to self-manage and make decisions as needed
- Identifying, escalating, managing and resolving issues as they arrive, across the teams.
- Leads Programme Team meetings; ensures programme governance is operating effectively
- Industry recognised qualifications are a plus, e.g. MSP or Agile certification
- Daily interactions: Business Product Manager, Project Managers, Lead Business Analyst, Technical Architect, QA lead, Business Development Manager
- 25 days holiday
- WPP Group Discounts
- Life Assurance – four times annual salary
- Pension Scheme (Zurich) – company salary contribution matched up to 4%
- Private Medical Cover (BUPA) – for you and your immediate family
- Childcare Vouchers
- Travel Season Ticket Loan
- Cycle-to-work Scheme (Evans)
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.