Wunderman Thompson Health
Department: Media Services
Location: Kansas City, MO, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Health, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers print, digital and television broadcast media, medical education, sales force presentations and managed access strategies.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Health is seeking a Media Planner to join the team in our Kansas City, MO office. The Media Planner devises media plans and placement strategies. The role is responsible for oversight and coordination of the day-to-day management of media campaigns for all accounts, including insertions and artwork delivery. The Media Planner collaborates with media representatives, account services, and clients to proactively identify opportunities, and partners with the media buyer to help negotiate rates, frequencies, and premium positions.
What you’ll do:
- Create | Develop media plans that are strategically and executionally sound. Determine the best media outlet mix for client campaigns. Develop and present POV’s for on-going media opportunities for clients to help grow their business objectives. Stay current with evolving media trends. Review all plans to ensure quality and flawless execution can be achieved. Own and build relationships with media sales companies.
- Manage | Optimize media strategies for varying audiences and channels. Monitor and report on online and offline campaigns. Gather and organize campaign metrics for team analysis and presentation, working with team members to compile weekly, monthly, quarterly and/or year end media recaps. Secure media buys through the delivery of timely insertion orders.
- Financial Oversight | Conduct client reporting and budget management, including preparing costs for clients and producing spending updates throughout campaigns. Negotiate with media channels to close competitive deals. Negotiate with media sales companies to obtain the best rates and most appropriate media spaces for digital, social, print and any other form of advertising (broadcast, airport, billboard, etc.). Track that all media is billed in a timely manner – assist media finance team on billing inquiries.
Who you are:
- Open and Collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive, and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Problem solver | Ensure quality control by reviewing agency products including: creative work, key client communications, key schedules, creative strategies, and strategic decks. Assist with day-to-day problem-solving by providing guidance to freelancers and raise issues and solutions to senior team. Dig in and figure out how to work around problems.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of related industry experience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications, especially Excel
- Third Party Ad Server experience is required
- Media Buying Software and Google Analytics and other analytics tools experience is preferred
- Highly organized, able to work on multiple projects at once
- Able to analyze reports/numbers and share data with clients
- Strong communication skills both internally with co-workers/teams and externally with vendors to build relationships
- Knowledge of different types of media channels, with experience in digital media, including digital marketing - Search (Paid and Organic), Display, Social, SEO/Content, User Experience/web design, email marketing, and web analytics.
- Demonstrable experience with building effective media campaigns
- Experience with budget planning and KPIs
- Strong decision-making skills
- Demonstrated track record of client relationship development and service
- Proven experience working cross-functionally within an organization
- Animal health and pharma experience or B2B media a plus
- Agency or consulting experience a plus
- Experience managing a team member a plus
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.