Wunderman Thompson Health
Department: Media Services
Location: Kansas City, MO, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Wunderman Thompson Health, a division of Wunderman Thompson, works with companies to build world-class healthcare and pharmaceutical brands among medical professionals and consumers, with a transmedia storytelling approach that covers print, digital and television broadcast media, medical education, sales force presentations and managed access strategies.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Health is seeking a Media Buyer to join the team in our Kansas City, MO office. The Media Buyer reports into the Media Planner. This person buys and coordinates media campaigns and daily activities for all media accounts. S/he collaborates with media representatives and special project managers to proactively identify opportunities and negotiate rates, frequencies, and premium positions. The Media Buyer is responsible for the day-to-day insertion and artwork delivery. This person works very closely with the Media Planner, Project Manager and Account Managers, Strategists to obtain a complete understanding of how the execution supports the strategy, timeframe, and budget of the campaign for each client.
What you’ll do:
- Financial Acumen | Negotiate with media sales companies to obtain the best rates and most appropriate media spaces for digital, social, print and any other form of advertising (broadcast, airport, billboard, etc.). Secure media buys through the delivery of timely insertion orders. Track that all media is billed in a timely manner – assist media finance team on billing inquiries.
- Creative | Develop and present POV’s for on-going media opportunities for clients to help grow their business objectives. Maintain media library. Manages creative materials list and ensures creative is delivered by appropriate teams. Set-up and traffic digital media campaigns through appropriate platforms.
- Manage | Own and build relationships with media sales companies. Stay current with evolving media trends. Gathers and organizes campaign metrics for team analysis and presentation – works with team members to compile weekly, monthly, quarterly and/or year end media recaps. Client reporting and budget management, including preparing costs for clients and producing spending updates throughout the campaign. Attend all relevant client/vendor/internal meetings.
Who you are:
- Open and Collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive, and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Problem solver | Ensure quality control by reviewing agency products including: creative work, key client communications, key schedules, creative strategies, and strategic decks. Assist with day-to-day problem-solving by providing guidance to freelancers and raise issues and solutions to senior team. Dig in and figure out how to work around problems.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications, especially excel
- Must: Third Party Ad Server experience
- Preferred: Media Buying Software and Google Analytics experience
- Highly organized, able to work on multiple projects at once
- Able to analyze reports/numbers and share data with clients
- Strong communication skills both internally with co-workers/teams and externally with vendors to build relationships
- College degree in advertising, marketing, media studies or communications preferred
- Minimum of 1 years of media buying experience or agency experience preferred
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.