Insight & Effectiveness Director
Insight & Effectiveness Director
Department: Data & Analytics
Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What you’ll be doing:
You will be the lead for our Insight & Effectiveness team at Wunderman Thompson in London. Your primary roles will be to identify new business, develop and nurture talent and advance our capabilities. You will act as a consultant, to spot and grow opportunities, helping our clients build world-class data-led communications and experiences. Wunderman Thompson specifically needs an individual with a proven track record leading across the modern insight and effectiveness disciplines of quantitative research, qualitative research, audience segmentation; social, content, website, media and search analysis.
You'll be passionate about using insight to inspire creative, inform strategy and drive growth for our clients. As well as advising on the best marketing effectiveness techniques to measure communications, content, experiences and ultimately our clients’ business growth.
You must be a confident self-starter, full of enthusiasm, commercially oriented and highly collaborative. Working with and influencing senior stakeholders as well as nurturing a team should come as second nature to you.
Team leadership & management
- Leading the team, with responsibility for overseeing resourcing and managing team workload.
- Line management and career development of a team of 7 (2 direct reports).
- Develop the skills and knowledge of wider agency colleagues, creating and sustaining a learning culture.
- New business - Act as the pitch lead for our insight and effectiveness responses to brief, assembling the right team or directly pitching yourself.
- Organic growth - Actively develop new insight and effectiveness opportunities across our existing client base.
- Team player - Participate in cross-functional teams to develop and sell in new capabilities and propositions.
Capability leadership and innovation
- Lead the insight and effectiveness capabilities, acting as an ambassador within and outside the agency.
- Responsibility for our insight tools, sourcing and managing 3rd party vendors and collaborating with internal teams to develop our own proprietary tools.
- Work closely with our other Marketing Science functions (Data Strategy, Analytics & Data Science and CRM) to promote our offering.
Who you are:
- 8+ years in an agency or client data/insights team or similar environment.
- Experience with pitching to large clients.
- Demonstrable success at winning new clients and growing revenue.
- Strong process and project delivery experience - writing briefs, scoping projects, providing time estimates and team oversight and management.
- A collaborative, confident team and client leader.
- A strong presenter, with the ability to tell stories using different data sets e.g. web analytics, social listening, search data and quantitative survey data.
- Knowledge of the modern digital ecosystem across paid, owned and earned channels.
- Excellent communication, organisational, numeracy, analysis and presentation skills.
Essential skills (knowledge of):
- Strong understanding of devising insight and measurement methodologies for a range of client verticals.
- Social analytics tools (e.g. Netbase, Brandwatch, Sprinklr, Sysomos).
- Audience intelligence tools (e.g. YouGov Profiles, Global Web Index, TGI).
- Quantitative research (e.g. Survey methodologies, knowledge of key providers, experience scripting and launching surveys).
- Qualitative research (e.g. Interviews and Focus Group Experience).
- Competitive intelligence tools (e.g. comScore, Similar Web).
Not essential but nice to have (knowledge/understanding of):
- Website analytics tools (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics)
- Latest developments in Ad tech and Mar tech
- website/app optimisation
- Data Visualisation / BI tools
What we can offer you:
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
Our focus is on keeping teams connected and engaged whether we're in the office or working from home, putting people’s wellbeing first, ensuring every person has access to our learning and development programme and building an inclusive workplace. We have a weekly ‘Staying Connected Calendar’ which is full to the brim of training you can get involved in, inspiration sessions hosted by external partners to check out and wellbeing classes and tips and tricks to look after your mind, body and soul. From yoga, Pilates, HIIT, hypnotherapy, a Strava cycling group, 1:1 resilience sessions and trained mental health first aiders. To name a few. Within our office we have a dedicated wellness studio and this year we built a brand new learning lab. Here we host weekly lunchtime lessons that supports iLearn, our learning & development portal home to 100s of sessions for you to access. We're also committed to building an inclusive, equitable and diverse workforce driven by our Inclusion Council and Employee Resource Groups; Roots, Green, Unite, Women @ WT, Families Network and culture club.
Your career development is important to us. Thrive will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations. There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.