Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Manager
Department: Project Management & Delivery
Location: Atlanta, GA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Senior Project Manager to oversee traditional campaign work for one of the Atlanta office’s largest clients. We are looking for an enthusiastic critical thinker/problem solver that thrives on being engaged at all levels of a project. The Senior Project Manager will acutely understand the opportunities and constraints of a given project and take responsibility for setting expectations internally and with our client. He or she will understand how to manage and negotiate trade-offs to deliver on time, within budget, and against agreed objectives. Senior Project Managers have full lifecycle experience, from scoping through delivery, and can confidently prioritize business needs, resource management, schedules, and financials.
This position is remote with option to return in-office based on scheduled availability and preference.
What you’ll do:
- Work | Deliver work that is excellent, on time, on budget, and goes beyond the brief. Oversee the entire delivery and execution of projects. Identifies dependencies and the cascading impacts of delays. Leads resource needs and availability across the office and network, working closely with department leads and recruiting.
- People | Motivate, direct and challenge teams to produce great work. Establish and manage cross-functional teams across different locations that are collaborative, efficient and high-functioning. Increase efficiency across a group of accounts through effective management of staff resourcing. Oversee staff aggregate bandwidth, utilization, and realization rates, as well as retention and employee relations. Provide solutions for additional temporary resources, new business pitch support, and PTO coverage.
- Process | Establish and manage project/program communication and process. Leverage existing tools and processes to monitor people and progress. Collaborate with Project and Program needs to ensure the right resources are in place to deliver the work.
- Financials | Responsible for project estimation, planning and profitability. Build detailed project plans. Collaborate with Delivery leads for resourcing and scoping strategy across portfolio, partnering with finance and account teams. Partner with the Director of Project Management for resourcing strategy across the portfolio, and support Project Managers in resourcing to the scope.
Who you are:
- Leader | Influences without authority and fosters an environment of shared accountability. Comfortable communicating and partnering with department leads, tailoring communications based on audience and level (technology, creative, finance, client, vendor).
- Builder | Navigates strong collaboration between people, processes and systems. Drives projects and resource management from ambiguity to clarity. Understands digital technologies and trends.
- Detail Oriented | Sharp attention to detail and a drive for perfection. Excellent problem-solving skills.
- A Strong Communicator | Excellent communication and analytical skills. Conducts team and client meetings with clear, concise language and leadership acumen. A skilled, creative, confident presenter and negotiator.
What you'll need:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing projects in a professional environment- agency or consulting environment preferred.
- Previous work with common project management tools such as Smartsheet, Jira, Confluence, MS Project, Slack/MS Teams.
- Experience adapting project management methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, Lean, Kanban) to the needs of the project.
- Conscientious and adept at problem-solving through critical thinking.
- Experience leading team and client meetings.
- Excellent analytical skills, and the ability to flex time management skills based on workload.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills as a team leader and team player.
- Flexibility, initiative, dedication, and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.