Digital Strategist (REMOTE Option)
Digital Strategist (REMOTE Option)
Location: Los Angeles, CA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
***An important NOTE on location and REMOTE options:
While this role is based out of our Los Angeles office, work can be done remotely for strong qualified candidates. Due to client considerations, however, only candidates who are local to the U.S. Pacific or Mountain time zones can be considered. Please only apply if you are local to these areas. Thank you!
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson is seeking a Strategist with digital expertise to play a critical role on one of our agency’s largest accounts. You are someone who thrives in simplifying complexity into clear and actionable plans, an empathetic thinker that can find the human story amidst highly technical fields. By bringing meaningful quantitative and qualitative insights to bear, you’ll bring the voice of the consumer to every engagement. You’ll have an eye for turning creative strategy into engaging editorial content and meaningful digital experiences. Together, you will foster an environment of strong empathy for the human condition, critical thinking, business acumen, and love for solving the most meaningful problems through experience building. The ideal candidate is an independent thinker, but also a doer in the best sense of the word.
What you’ll do:
- Research | Develop actionable insights from a wide variety of data sources: analysis of client data, primary and secondary research, media data, etc.
- Simplify | Synthesize research findings into clear, actionable thought. Help educate team members on technical subject matter in a way that is easily understandable and inspiring.
- Develop | Write and contribute to briefs and strategic plans that build off a brand messaging strategy for digital experiences and campaigns.
- Understand | Understand the dynamics of a client’s business and the category in which it operates. Keep abreast of the latest trends (culture, technology, media, and social) that are affecting and evolving human behavior.
Who you are:
- A “Learn-it-All” | A fearless pursuer of answers, willing to apply business acumen, research, cultural insights and quantitative information to identify the “way in.” No problem is too great, no mystery to large for your relentless curiosity.
- Open and collaborative | Our team is close-knit and supportive and we’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must be a champion of team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of self and team. Balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity under constraints.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s a mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Minimum of 4 years of digital creative strategy experience within an agency.
- Experience in various types of consumer research, insights generation, creative brief development, campaign development, content strategy, touchpoint/ journey mapping, data-driven campaign execution, optimizing creative based on campaign performance.
- Experience building customer journey’s and leveraging them to identify key opportunities to connect with consumers and improve their experience.
- Expertise in synthesizing and translating highly technical information and/or data into cohesive and concise thoughts and plans. Articulating problems and solutions clearly to bring unity to teams.
- Flexible working style, keeping up with a fast-paced account and comfortable with shifting focus as business needs develop.
- Up-to-date understanding of market trends and keen interest in following emerging technologies.
- Experience in collaboration and working cross-functionally (i.e. with Creative, Account, and Analytics teams).
- Strong communication skills with internal agency teams and external agency partners.
- Demonstrated written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple concurrent deadlines.
- Experience working with tech clients.
- Experience developing overall digital strategies as well as strategies for specific parts of the ecosystem, including website and mobile.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.