Assistant Media Planner
Assistant Media Planner
Department: Media Services
Location: Seattle, WA, United States
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Who we are looking for:
Wunderman Thompson Seattle is seeking an Assistant Media Planner to join our Seattle office. The Assistant Media Planner assists in the development and stewardship of all media plans as well as other emerging media initiatives based on client requirements and needs.
The Assistant Media Planner demonstrates a passion for learning and a curiosity for finding new and creative ways to solve problems. This position will work closely with our Media Planners and Supervisor for all client projects within the department, as well as cross-team collaboration with Account Managers, Project Managers and Finance teams.
What you’ll do:
- Media Planning Implementation | Assist Media Planners with media planning and development of media plan presentations. Implement cross-channel media plans. Generate paperwork necessary for purchase authorization. Creative spec collection and creation of spec sheet(s). Work within a 3rd party ad server to set up placements, traffic tags and pull reports for analysis.
- Media Monitoring | Monitor campaign performance against planned benchmarks and work with Media Planner to recommend and implement optimizations. When applicable, negotiate makegoods and coordinate added value.
- Budget / Billing Reconciliation | Compile monthly billing reconciliation against planned budgets. Resolve billing discrepancies in collaboration with the accounting department.
- Media Partner Relationships | Seek out and vet capabilities of new media partners and technology to present to the Connections Planner and Connections Supervisor. Assist in developing media points-of-view. Assist with researching incremental opportunities for client advertising. Maintain media partner information files.
- Collaborate | Work closely with the Connections Planner and Supervisor to establish priorities and manage workload. Provide timely and accurate delivery of all work for all clients.
Who you are:
- A Builder | Entrepreneurial attitude coupled with a strong business acumen. Ability and appetite to bring people together. Innate ability to marshal people and create gravity around ideas.
- Team Player | Our team is close-knit and supportive. We’re working with a lot of unknowns – you must champion team environments that are comfortable and encouraging.
- Optimistic and Resilient | Dig in and figure out how to work around problems. Yes and why not posture. Takes care of the self and team, with the balance needed to maintain stamina and positivity.
- Ego-less | We all wear the hats that need wearing, it’s the mentality that makes the team successful.
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree required; concentration in advertising, marketing, business administration and/or communications preferred.
- Related digital or traditional internships preferred. Previous experience as an Assistant Planner highly preferred.
- Good writing and verbal communications skills (including presentation skills).
- Strong analytical skills and math proficiency desired.
- Excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills required.
- Ability to work within a team.
- Extremely detail oriented, with clear and proven organizational skills.
- Keep abreast of industry trends.
- Proficiency with MS Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Wunderman Thompson is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, military/veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental disability, or other protected group status. We believe in creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion and strives to recruit a diverse slate of candidates to help us achieve that goal.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.