Privacy Manager - EMEA
Privacy Manager - EMEA
Location: London, United Kingdom
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
Privacy Manager (EMEA), based London, UK
- As Privacy Manager (EMEA), you will be reporting into our Global Data Protection Officer (DPO) and will be working together, as part of the Global Privacy Team to ensure that our business continues to work within its Privacy obligations, both internally and externally when engaging with clients and vendors.
- You will be the initial “go to” person for any queries about Privacy within EMEA, and work with our DPO to ensure that these queries are dealt with, with the most appropriate response.
- You will be working with our Business Process Owners and Asset Owners within the EMEA region to ensure the necessary record keeping is in place, as required by the UK and EU GDPR, and other current and developing Privacy regulations across EMEA. You will ensure that these are documented and kept up to date and captured appropriately within our central Privacy Program Management Tool.
- You will be driving the remediation of any Privacy compliance risks that are identified by our Privacy Program Management Tool, Privacy Health checks or the DPO, and work with the business teams to ensure the correct outcomes are achieved
- You will be working with Client project teams to help identify any privacy considerations, and escalate where appropriate to the DPO for further analysis
- You will work closely with the Legal Team and the DPO to review any Data Processing Agreements with Clients and Vendors, including Transfer mechanisms where required.
- You will be able to promote guidance on when to use the available Privacy tools such as Privacy Impact Assessments (PIAs), Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) and Privacy by Design (PbD), under the direction of the DPO
- You will help to identify and then escalate client or vendor queries and requests about Privacy to the DPO
- You will provide help to identify and participate in responses to Data Subject Access Requests (DSARs) or Personal Data Incidents and ensure these are escalated diligently to the DPO.
- You will have a key role in the ongoing development and delivery of Privacy awareness and day to day guidance.
OUR PERSONALITY AND BEHAVIOURS
We don’t settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond and always push our thinking to be better. We believe this is what makes Wunderman Thompson a great place to be - we have no egos, just talented people who want to do the best work of their career.
- You’ll be curious about new trends, promoting an environment where ideas flow and expertise are shared.
- You will be a self-starter and keep up with data protection and data privacy trends across the UK and EMEA in general.
- You’ll be energetic, roll your sleeves up and get involved!
- You’ll be collaborative, working with the Global Privacy team within Wunderman Thompson and our Parent company WPP and its Operating Companies globally to get the very best outcomes.
- You’ll own it, and take responsibility for the work you deliver.
- You’ll be generous with your time, support the wider agency and get involved in initiatives outside of the day-to-day.
- You’ll think beyond the here and now, be inquisitive and challenging the status quo.
WHAT YOU’LL GET FROM WORKING WITH US
You’ll be joining a big, talented team based at Greater London House (Mornington Crescent). You’ll establish yourself as a trusted partner and work closely with our Strategy, Creative, Technologists, Data Strategists and Scientists, and Customer Experience teams to make brave work that inspires action.
No two days are the same, the scale and diversity of work keeps us energised and there is no shortage of new opportunity. In amongst this, we’re also always searching for ways to do things better, and how to grow our transformation and indeed, disruption, opportunities with clients.
The health and wellbeing of our employees is high on our agenda, so you’ll be able to join activities in our Wellness centre, enjoy weekly yoga and take advantage of our benefits including cycle-to work scheme and fresh fruit.
We’ll support you in a culture where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your differences and diversity of background to add to it, which is why we have a range of initiatives driven by our employees from the Inclusion Board who focus on education, awareness and events, the
Green Team who help us to be better to the environment and the Culture Club who organise our social events; meaning everyone can bring into the agency what’s important to them.
You’ll be working with over 20,000 brilliant minds in 200 offices across 65 markets and some of our impressive Social, Publishing and Tech partners such as Google, Vice, Spotify and Adobe. Our learning culture with regular lunchtime lessons, training programmes and our YouTime employee development approach puts you on career path with clear objectives and empowers you to talk about your longer-term ambitions.
Our aim is to help you do your best work at Wunderman Thompson, and know if you ever choose to leave us, you’ll leave better than when you joined
To help in your Privacy career at Wunderman Thompson, you will be enrolled into the IAPP (International Association of Privacy Professionals), and you will have access to tools such as Data Guidance. We will also provide training towards specific Privacy qualifications as deemed necessary.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The key to success is being able to recognise where we process personal data and help business owners take a risk-based approach towards compliance with data protection regulation and laws across EMEA.
We are not looking for someone who is a current privacy expert, but an ideal candidate must have some background and experience handling compliance with Privacy laws, at a minimum UK and EU GDPR, and delivering best practice.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable working with all levels of the business, can stay calm in a crisis, and is eager to learn.
You will be diligent, detail oriented, a communicator, and investigative, constantly seeking to keep abreast of what is happening in the fast paced agency business, and what’s happening in the wider and rapidly changing privacy community.
Whilst this role will be physically based in our London office, there may be some travel involved, once current travel restrictions are removed.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.