Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What you’ll be doing:
Conceptualise and execute high quality creative solutions based on strategy for our clients within an allocated time and budget.
Who you are:
- Understanding client strategies, business problems and briefs, and translate these into creative solutions and executions
- Know and understand clients’ corporate identities and needs
- Working with a copywriter to conceptualise and execute great ideas
- Crafting and finish to the highest possible standard all artwork relating to a specific job or campaign
- Art direct projects to maintain and grow the brands identity and stature
- Maintaining brand consistency through various channels and platforms
- Brief and art direct photographers/photoshoots
- Brief and art direct illustrators
- Liaise with the Traffic Department to ensure the job deadline is adhered to
- Brief and coordinate with production and repro – especially on retouching and final make-ups
- Reviewing work with the Creative Director & Strategy, followed by AM
- Delivering presentations to pitch concepts to AM and Client
- Working within a highly charged team environment and be a support to fellow team members
- Assisting the Creative Director in developing new business
- When required review work and provide feedback to junior team members
- To interpret briefs and execute the designs according to client style guides and creative intelligence
- Liaise effectively and clearly with Traffic, Art Directors, AM, production, repro and suppliers
- Work within allocated time and budget
- Accurate logging of administration
- Design degree or relative advertising school diploma
- 5-7 years industry experience
What we can offer you:Additional requirements
There should be no university degree requirements unless it's absolutely necessary for the role and do not state number of years experience needed, instead say things like "extensive".
We don't settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
We have a number of programmes and initiatives designed to support your career and wellbeing. There are exciting knowledge sharing programmes delivered through lunch and learn sessions, cultural opportunities through our exchange programme, and you can have an impact on the wider community through one of our charity initiatives. Your career development is important to us and should you ever choose to move on from Wunderman Thompson, we want you to be better than when you joined us. YOU Time will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations, supported by a range of learning options for every type of learning style. Your mind, body and soul are also taken care of through our varied wellness programmes but we like to have some fun here too, so you could get involved in our culture club, find love through Wunder Dating or if you’re the chosen one, take a spin on our Wheel of Wunder!
There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.