Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Who we are:
At Wunderman Thompson we exist to inspire growth for ambitious brands. Part creative agency, part consultancy and part technology company, our experts provide end-to-end capabilities at a global scale to deliver inspiration across the entire brand and customer experience.
We are 20,000 strong in 90 markets around the world; our people bring together creative storytelling, diverse perspectives, inclusive thinking, and highly specialized vertical capabilities to drive growth for our clients. We offer deep expertise across the entire customer journey, including communications, commerce, consultancy, CRM, CX, data, production, and technology.
What you’ll be doing:
The SEO Analyst is responsible for implementing web and CRM SEO strategies for clients. The SEO Analyst can quickly understand and support initiatives that will contribute to the goals and success of client campaigns.
Who you are:
Key Functional Areas of Responsibility
- Perform keyword research in coordination with client business objectives to optimize existing content and uncover new opportunities
- Provide SEO analysis and recommendations in coordination with elements and structure of websites and web pages
- Provide recommendations and execute strategies for content development in coordination with SEO goals – general and keyword specific
- Administer search engine programs (XML sitemaps, shopping feeds, webmaster tools) for purposes of diagnostic reporting on client projects
- Implement link building campaigns in coordination with client SEO goals
- Assist in development and execution of communication/content strategies via social communities in coordination with SEO goals
- Keep pace with SEO, search engine, social media and internet marketing industry trends and developments
- Monitor and administer web analytics dashboards, reports and key reporting tools, and point out key areas of importance in accordance client goals
- Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the major search channels
- Communication to team and management on project development, timelines, and results
- Work closely with the other team members to meet client goals
- Passion for SEO and internet marketing
- Outstanding ability to think creatively, and identify and resolve problems
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven atmosphere
- Ability to clearly and effectively articulate thoughts and points
- High levels of integrity, autonomy, and self-motivation
- Excellent analytical, organizational, project management and time management skills
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- 3-4 years experience in Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Proficiency in MS Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Google Certified
- Experience with website analysis using a variety of analytics tools including Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics as well as internal reporting tool
- Experience working with popular keyword tools (Google, WordTracker, Keyword Discovery, etc)
- Experience in Brightedge and Semrush is advantageous
- Experience working with CMS and building/administering content in CMS environments
- Desired: Knowledge of HTML/CSS and website administrations
- BS/BA degree preferred
What we can offer you:
We don't settle for people who can just do the job, we look for people that go beyond that and always push our thinking to be better than yesterday. We believe that this is what makes our agency a great place to be – a space where you’re never far away from the best minds to learn from.
We want you to be comfortable and proud every day of the week and have created an open and inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. We don’t want you to just fit into our culture, we want your uniqueness and diversity of background to add to it and make this an agency where we all have a real sense of belonging and purpose. We are a community.
We have a number of programmes and initiatives designed to support your career and wellbeing. There are exciting knowledge sharing programmes delivered through lunch and learn sessions, cultural opportunities through our exchange programme, and you can have an impact on the wider community through one of our charity initiatives. Your career development is important to us and should you ever choose to move on from Wunderman Thompson, we want you to be better than when you joined us. YOU Time will provide you with the framework and support needed to reach your career aspirations, supported by a range of learning options for every type of learning style. Your mind, body and soul are also taken care of through our varied wellness programmes but we like to have some fun here too, so you could get involved in our culture club, find love through Wunder Dating or if you’re the chosen one, take a spin on our Wheel of Wunder!
There really is no shortage of opportunities here for the right person that is prepared to roll their sleeves up, get involved and collaborate with those around them to deliver the best work for our clients and our agency.
At Wunderman Thompson, we are committed to actively building a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where everyone feels welcomed, valued and heard, and is treated with dignity and respect. As leaders and creative partners across industries, it is our responsibility to cultivate an environment reflective of our greatest asset; our people. We believe that this commitment inspires growth and delivers equitable outcomes for everyone as well as the clients and communities we serve.